Coin collecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coin collecting

When I was little (30 years ago), I used to collect coins from all over the place. My dad would give me change brought back after trips abroad.

I have a shoe box full of coins that is probably no longer legal currency anywhere. What on earth do I do with it?

Take em to a footy match

Comment

Most country's central banks will still exchange them but I suspect it's not worth bothering to do that.

Best bet is probably ebay or a seeing if a charity at an airport will take them (most quite happily accept foreign change).

Comment

Halloween - trick or treat. Give them kids some coins as a treat. It'll be too dark for them to have a proper look at what they've been given.

Everyone's a winner ... or not if your'e the kids.

Comment

Scatter them on a beach.Some metal detector bloke will think he has hit the jackpot

Comment

glue them to a sheet of card, frame it then sell it to an antiques shop or something

Comment

Keep em coming. I'll try all these.

Comment

Annexe Chichester, declare independence and change the name to Charlesester. Import yourself a pallet of Polish people (£17 a dozen at the moment) and spend the rest of your life as the dictator of the worlds smallest nation who's sole national income comes from healthy food.

You already have a ready made economy in that shoe box so you're pretty much ready to go, right now!
                Last edited by JP; 18-10-2010, 22:22.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                  Annexe Chichester, declare independence and change the name to Charlesester. Import yourself a pallet of Polish people (?17 a dozen at the moment) and spend the rest of your life as the dictator of the worlds smallest nation who's sole national income comes from healthy food.

You already have a ready made economy in that shoe box so you're pretty much ready to go, right now!
                  I vote this idea.

Comment

Has somebody been slipping something into John's tea recently?

Comment

Hide them in bricks and wait for someone to come along and smash them with their head in search of goodies.

Comment

Make all of your decisions based on the toss of each coin in the collection until you've got through the lot and post up how your life has changed...

Comment

Even better, write it into a book and then get Jim Carey to play yourself in a Hollywood version of your book.

Comment

melt them all down together to create a brand new alloy. Use that to build a spaceship - according to this people will pay $200,000 each for a trip into space.

Comment

Working...
                            X