A Team movie coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Team movie coming.

Found out that FOX are looking at an A Team movie with get this, Jim Carey playing Howling Mad Murdock!

The only original charecter would be BA played by Mr T. [could anyone else play him? I don't think so].

As a kid A Team at 6:30pm on ITV was a mega event, ok so it was ****e but it was good ****e. Hope this one comes to fruition and I hope the plan comes together.

Neil.

God did I hate the A-Team, with B.A. as my most hated character. Everyone around me loved it, but it ust never clicked with me at all. I wouldn't say it was a bad show, just not my style.

Comment

Wonder if Mr T. will hate Jim Carey as much as he allegedly did Dwight Schultz (original Murdock actor). I remember reading about the off-screen scuffles where Mr T would become upset with his clowning and give him a kicking. I'd love Carey to be on the receiving end too.

Comment

From what I heard he didn't get on with anyone during the show, which I find amazing given his love of God etc.

Neil.

Comment

Will George Clooney be Hannibal, that could work. Who would be Face? I used to love the A team. The best was when they blew up some bad guys truck and then magically the bad guys would get out unharmed.

They could replace Mr. T with Michael Clark Duncan or someone like that.

Comment

I still love the A team and watch it on Gold when ever I have the time. It has stood the test of time much better than other series of a similar time.
            (knightrider, Airwolf,)

I did hear Anthony Hopkins was down to play Hannibal. As for B.A getting in Mr T would be a good call alternativley they could try the WWEs Tazz.

Hope its gonna be good and stick to the TV show rules.

Chippo

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy
              I did hear Anthony Hopkins was down to play Hannibal.
              Boom boom, tshh!

It's gotta be Mr T for BA though, there's just no one else. Fact.

Dwight Shultz, Dirk Benedict and Mr T should and could all come back no problems. It's only the sad passing of George Peppard that scuppers the full reunion and in my opinion should mean them not having a part for Hanibal in the film. I reckon they should write it so that Deckard gets court marshalled too and the A-Team bust in to stop him getting put away, thus forcing him to go on the run with them.

Just an idea mind, Hollywood will most likely get four trash 'B' movie actors in and ruin the whole concept.

Comment

As I have way to much time on my hands, this has been the subject of much discussion for about 2 years with my friends. My conclusions :

Hannibal - Lelie Nielson? I hate that guy but maybe he could do a good Hannibal?

Murdock - Jim Carey is perfect for this role, love him or hate him.

Face - Hard to say. Probably someone like Brad Pitt perhaps?

B.A - T only of course.. who else? Maybe the big guy from The Green Mile.... couldnt see that one working!

Comment

Either way, if they don't construct an ion engine powered recon/battle tank with GPS and nice paint job out of 2 dozen grapes, a tube of mastik and a ball of twine I'll be immensely disappointed.

Comment

[quote="disco-tom"]
                    Originally posted by chipsgravy
                    It's only the sad passing of George Peppard that scuppers the full reunion and in my opinion should mean them not having a part for Hanibal in the film.
                    He died!?

When?

Face and BA look the same as ever, so they would have to be left in, but changing Murdock and Hannibal would be too wierd.
                    Bad idea, I say.

Comment

The only way an A Team film would work, is if they went down the Mission Impossible route, same kinda thing with a sprinkling of characters old and new. I can't see it happening though, I guess its on the back of the Charlies Angels sucess.

Comment

cool , dunno bout carrey in it. He is more annoyin than fungus on a hot day.

Comment

MR T would be played by Ice Cube!

Comment

Originally posted by JammyD
                            Originally posted by disco-tom
                            It's only the sad passing of George Peppard that scuppers the full reunion and in my opinion should mean them not having a part for Hanibal in the film.
                            He died!?

When?
                            He died in 1994 mate.

Looky here http://www.geocities.com/lovpeppard/v3_document.htm

Comment

Mr T as BA
                              Jim Carey as Murdoch
                              Rob Lowe as Face
                              George Clooney as Hannibal

Or maybe have those new 3 and someone else as the BA spot (like Ice Cube) and Mr T as an advisor.

Didn't we have a topic on this before and we all agreed on 4 decent replacements?!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X