Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play.Com returns

Appear to be a nightmare.

I've an outstanding order for Red Dead Redemption from approx 6 weeks ago. Never had to use their returns before but first of all you have to wait approx 21 days (fair enough this is stated in their T&C's) before they will even consider a replacement or a refund. Then you have to use their online returns form (which I did) and despite asking what was happening a week later I still had no reponse.

So I then phoned them (which I had tried previously be gave up as I could never get through) and was told they would email me the form and they were sorry for the delay etc. I then asked if I could email the form back to which I was told it had to be posted as they needed a signature on it. Fair enough, I advised them I could digitally sign and email it back which would be solve the issue. This appeared to blow their mind and I was told it was not acceptable as it wasn't being posted in. I explained it's still my signature either way but the answer was you have to post it and this will take approx 3 days for them to decide if I can have a refund or a replacement. I asked what the criteria was for the decision and he replied they have to speak with Royal Mail etc. I can't really see Royal Mail putting that much effort into a £30 purchase to be honest which I explained to him.

So I said let's assume you will grant a refund / replacement what happens then? Apparently this still takes approx 7-10 days for a replacement once it's been authorised and it's the same for a refund.

I don't understand why it takes so long once the initial 21 days have past?

It's just to put you off mate so they don't have to send you another copy. The Royal Mial are just as bad.
    Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
    X