Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia Ovi Store

Hey guys,

I'm looking at upgrading my phone this month when my contract allows me to & I'm thinking about the new Nokia N8 but I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with Nokia's Ovi store??

Is it as good as the Iphone or Android apps??

I'm currently torn between the Samsung Galaxy S & the funky new N8 but want to be able to get some fun stuff for it & not just have a flash phone that does bugger all apart from make a phone call...could dig my old phones out if that's all I wanted

So Android or Ovi...what's second best after the Iphone??

Thanks

Neil

Just through the number of handsets sold, Android will be the better supported of the 2

Comment

Steer clear of Nokia. The Ovi store is a joke, as is everything else about Nokia IMO.

I've been a Nokia man for years but Nokia are failing badly. My E72 is now on eBay and will be replaced tomorrow with one of those £99 Orange San Francisco Android phones that were mentioned in the mobile phone thread.

The one thing Nokia did do right are the Ovi Maps though. Bit clunky but they let you download maps onto the device rather than pulling map data in as you need it. Very handy for trips abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
        Steer clear of Nokia. The Ovi store is a joke, as is everything else about Nokia IMO.

I've been a Nokia man for years but Nokia are failing badly. My E72 is now on eBay and will be replaced tomorrow with one of those ?99 Orange San Francisco Android phones that were mentioned in the mobile phone thread.

The one thing Nokia did do right are the Ovi Maps though. Bit clunky but they let you download maps onto the device rather than pulling map data in as you need it. Very handy for trips abroad.
        Ovi is indeed very poor, strange thing is this > AVOID! The maps is good the rest is bobbins

Comment

I'd agree with the other posters in this thread, i've a nokia user for 10yrs plus 7650, 3650, 7610, N70, N95 8Gb, N85, N900 just to name a few of their smartphones.

The Ovi Store has been a shambles. The Nokia N8 is their best Symbian phone, I had it for a week before arranging its return. I now have the Desire HD.

The Android Store is far better than Ovi. Nokia really need to sort it out. Perhaps the N8, C7 and E7 maybe a turning point for them and they'll get more developers writing for their handsets...

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Android phone it is then

Neil

Comment

Comment

Thanks for teh linkage Charles

That's looking like being a big help

Neil

Comment

Working...
                X