You think HMV will take back ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think HMV will take back ..

A CD that has been opened (i.e security seal removed), I played it once and don't really like it - you gotta love buying music on a whim

Its obviously as new, I have the receipt and I'd just say I bought it as a gift for someone and they didn't want/like it. I'm just thinking they'll wonder why its been opened in that case, I guess I could reply well they listened to it once.

It's not going to work is it.

No it isnt

Comment

badical

Comment

In the future open from the hinges and it will be fine

Comment

ohh you clever sod!

Comment

They don't even give refunds if you change your mind. Will only put it on a gift card, well the one by me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
              In the future open from the hinges and it will be fine
              What buster said

I used to work for HMV and we used to do that all the time - it was the standard 'get around the returns policy' trick

Though that let us do it to let people listen to stuff (when they used to let people listen to things, don't think they do now) so as not to waste the security stickers!

Comment

ah... HMV used to be so easy to abuse when I was a student in bournemouth many years ago. I used to take back stuff I never even bought in there, put it in a HMV bag and they would let me exchange it for something else!
                No receipt needed or I'd just say I lost it!

Comment

Heh yeah - I started working there back in 2001 and the returns policy was shocking. You had something stupid like 6 weeks to return stuff, even if you didn't like it. It was great for CD and Game rental

Comment

It's not the new Jamiroquai album, is it?

Comment

It's Elaine Paige and friends. He bought it because of Bolton's involvment, burned the offending track and now wants to return it as he accidently listened to the John Barrowman duet and now feels dirty.

Comment

hahah.

Comment

Working...
                        X