We lose another NTSC UK member :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We lose another NTSC UK member :(

Don't know where to start really, just got home this evening. Was greeted with a terrible bit of news. His mum has been trying to get hold of me for a while to pass the news on but she only just found my number.

Not sure who knows him but Richard who went by the name of Nintendomad/Mofoman on here. I knew him pretty well & im devastated, i wondered why he hadn't been online in ages & now i know why.

Not good. I didn't know him as such, but I recognise the name

R.I.P.

Comment

As above - remember the name, but didn't know him. RIP all the same.

Comment

Same here - know him from his user name and reading his posts but didn't know him that well. Doesn't make it any less awful to hear about though - very sad news

Comment

Sad news. Like others I only knew him from his posts but sad to lose a community member.

Comment

Sad news indeed, didn't know him personally but I've dealt with him in the past via the trading forums, always came across as a decent bloke. R.I.P.

Comment

Very sad news indeed.

Comment

We shared very similar tastes in games. Shame we won't get to enjoy future platforming goodness together.

Comment

What a day
                  He was very passionate about importing and Nintendo. Remember his posts well.
                  Condolances to you mate.

Comment

One of his last posts quite apt.

Originally posted by mofoman
                    Anyways, life is fleeting, it's gone before you even realised so enjoy it while it lasts, and don't worry too much about age. Just as a man gets older he gets given more body hair, facial hair, nose hair and various other things,lol. Then comes the point where life starts taking away things instead of giving them, but hey thats the game of life, enjoy it.

Comment

That sucks, he's a young man. Remember him well from here. May have had an argument or two Nintendo-related, I think. His SW avatar was just a normal part of everyday NTSC-uk life. Sad news, especially for someone so young.

Comment

I only knew of him from his username and from reading his posts but didn't know him personally that well. Sad News, he will be missed.

Comment

Blimey... only as old as my brother. I do remember Mofoman fairly well and his posts... blimey... really sorry to hear that

The tale about taking this long to find out... is why I'm prepared to have some sort of "document" available if I die unexpectedly with details about people online to contact so they can spread the word and not be left in wonder like this...
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I definately recognised the username and did a quick search - turns out one of his lasts posts on here was to me - we were discussing the F-Zero series. You have no idea when the last time you speak to someone will be, whether you know them well or not.

I'm sad now
                            RIP mofoman

Comment

I had a lot of dealings with Rich, he bought up the majority of my JPN DS games once I'd decided to shift them on. He was a very nice chap from what I could gather.

Not good news this.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X