Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Console Shopping in Shanghai

Guys,

A mate of mine is going to Shanghai in a couple of weeks. He is going to do some shopping whilst there...

Where is the best place for consoles etc? I think he is also after a modded PS2....

Any ideas?

Is he going anywhere apart from Shanghai? If all he wants is a modded PS2 then he should find one pretty easily. He just needs to go to the electronic shopping centres. The biggest one is in Xujiahui.

Is your mate white? Apologies if that sounds rude or insulting, but the locals in China (including Shanghai) will try to rip off any foreigner, especially if they're not proficient in speaking Chinese. I used to live there up until 2 years ago and the prices of the PS2s appeared to remain pretty high, perhaps due to the chipping but I have a feeling he won't find too much of a great deal whilst he's there. I usually buy my stuff in Hong Kong and buying any kind of electronics in mainland China is generally a lot more expensive.

Comment

He is Chinese so should be ok.

Didn't realise Shanghai was more expensive though...

How much would a PS3 be? Do they sell the modded ones there yet?

Comment

Highly unlikely to sell modded PS3s over there. I reckon a PS3 over there would cost more than it does over here! As a point of reference, I bought my white fat PS3 from HK 3 years at the price of £180 and it was over £300 in Shanghai. I bet the price difference is negligible and not worth it. It's still worth taking a look though just in case I'm totally off the mark. I'm not sure when he's headed there but I may update this thread with prices if I do manage to see the going rate for consoles.

Comment

Working...
        X