Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sending a parcel internationally, postal options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending a parcel internationally, postal options?

I need to send a ebay parcel internationally (Portugal) but I'm having a really hard time finding a reliable service that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg!

I need the parcel to be signed for and insured for ?350.

I've tried royal mail but their 'international signed for' is a bit of a joke. It's only insured till it leaves the UK and also isn't signed when it arrives!?

I've looked at parcel2go and parcel monkey but their service seems appalling with people giving them very low reviews.

Can anyone here suggest a decent service to go with? I'd be looking to pay ?20 ish for a 300g parcel with insurance.

Have you tried express couriers? They might be a bit pricier than, say, EMS, but they are insured and get to destination within two/three working days.

Comment

Call city sprint, they are awesome! They even deliver to parts of the world no one wants to touch:

01753 577 722

Call them on Monday to Friday (ask for Nathan Dracup)

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo1990 View Post
        I've looked at parcel2go and parcel monkey but their service seems appalling with people giving them very low reviews.
        I used parcel2go last week to send a few Xmas pressies to a mate in the US via DHL. Had no problems at all and the parcel was delivered within a couple of days.

Just picked them at random though so if there are a lot of bad reviews it's possible I just got lucky.

Comment

It depends on how good your local DHL/Parcelforce/Fedex depot are and how seriously they take the bookings.

Comment

I've tried royal mail but their 'international signed for' is a bit of a joke. It's only insured till it leaves the UK and also isn't signed when it arrives!?
            Some crossed wires here , let me get it right for you. (PO employee)

International Signed For Small Packet (?9.40) - priority handling and tracking until it leaves the UK then nothing more than a signature requested at destination.
            (Postage ?2.65 + Int'l Signed For ?4.25 + Compensation Charge ?2.50)

Airsure Small Packet (?10.05) - priority handling and tracking all the way to destination , but it'll never be signed for a barcode scan done before its delivered. Can check arrival by RM website or phone.
            (Postage ?2.65 + Airsure ?4.90 + Compensation Charge ?2.50)

Both would be covered with the required compensation (?350) for the whole journey (not just the UK leg) , neither are time guaranteed but Airsure has a bit of a sting if the destination mail service don't deliver within a time limit they get zero revenue from it.

Comment

Yeah, I was going to say Airsure here, used to send, track and insure to Europe without issue. Mostly countries with dodgy mail systems eg. Italy.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I've looked at parcel2go and parcel monkey but their service seems appalling with people giving them very low reviews..
                Off-topic but I had a job interview for a Web Developer at Parcel2Go about a month ago.

A highly unprofessional operation and I've never been so embarrassed in my life, I almost walked out because of how insulted I was. Deciding I'd had enough I asked why they boasted 10,000 customer reviews, but on the website only had about 50 which were all 5 stars, and everywhere else on the internet averaged about 2 stars

Comment

Originally posted by redael View Post
                  Some crossed wires here , let me get it right for you. (PO employee)

International Signed For Small Packet (?9.40) - priority handling and tracking until it leaves the UK then nothing more than a signature requested at destination.
                  (Postage ?2.65 + Int'l Signed For ?4.25 + Compensation Charge ?2.50)

Airsure Small Packet (?10.05) - priority handling and tracking all the way to destination , but it'll never be signed for a barcode scan done before its delivered. Can check arrival by RM website or phone.
                  (Postage ?2.65 + Airsure ?4.90 + Compensation Charge ?2.50)

Both would be covered with the required compensation (?350) for the whole journey (not just the UK leg) , neither are time guaranteed but Airsure has a bit of a sting if the destination mail service don't deliver within a time limit they get zero revenue from it.
                  redael you sound like a guy in the know! I'm not too sure what you mean about it never being signed for, or a barcode being scanned?
                  Can I prove that it has reached its destination?

Comment

Can I prove that it has reached its destination?
                    Yep , Airsure can prove it was delivered via RM's Track and Trace or by phone on 08456 092609

I'm not too sure what you mean about it never being signed for, or a barcode being scanned?
                    Ah I can see my grammar was out in that bit , basically Airsure = Express Mail + Tracking and the item being delivered without the hassle of a signature and you can prove it arrived easily.
                    Last edited by redael; 15-12-2010, 09:06. Reason: added phone number

Comment

Aren't Parcel2go just a reseller of Parcelforce/DHL etc?

Comment

Working...
                      X