I have no idea what to buy my parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea what to buy my parents

My mum is just too fussy for anything and it usually gets given back in a year or so, and my dad 'never wants anything'

what do you get these people?

I just bought my 25yr old brother lego and spent an hour choosing that.

Bloody christmas.

What have you got everyone?

Merry christmas btw

Always get yer Dad a Toblerone.

Get yer Mum some crappy CD.

Job's a goodun.

Comment

haha I got her the best of the pixies last year and thought she'd like it as she likes nirvana and shiz, I'm not really sure she's listened to it more than once mind. sigh. I've got him a long tube of jellybeans already but something else would be nice.

Comment

...Toblerone?

Comment

/me palms

Comment

Black Ops and Battlefield 2 for my Dad and some DVDs for my Mam, Bilko season 1 and the old miss marple films.

Comment

You get stuff given back to you directly? Must say I would be a bit miffed personally...

Anyway, whenever I'm not sure, I just do the cop-out thing and get some vouchers or cash in a card. I really don't see much of my family members anymore so it's hard to work out what they may like, particularly as interests change over time. By the way, did you buy the Lego as a retro gift or is he still actively using the stuff?

Comment

I use the Hohum approach and just give my mum money. That way she can go and pootle about quite happily and buy whatever she wants. I've never been any good at surprise presents though.

Comment

Money/Gift voucher/CD/DVD/Chocolates, any of, job's a good'un.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                    My mum is just too fussy for anything and it usually gets given back in a year or so, and my dad 'never wants anything'
                    Christ, you'd never guess that they were your parents from reading that. Genetic inheritance, eh?

Buy them one of these. I seem to have lost mine along with multiple copies of this and this which some miserable sods seem to be endlessly buying me because they think it's funny. Seriously, I had two of the last one last year which did make me laugh. There are other variations out there, I neither buy or read them but I must have about 30 by now.

Anyway, glad I could help!

Comment

Wh smiths 2 books for a tenner, ramsey/stein cooking and WWII history, travel in there.

Comment

JP? hahha

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                          You get stuff given back to you directly? Must say I would be a bit miffed personally...

Anyway, whenever I'm not sure, I just do the cop-out thing and get some vouchers or cash in a card. I really don't see much of my family members anymore so it's hard to work out what they may like, particularly as interests change over time. By the way, did you buy the Lego as a retro gift or is he still actively using the stuff?
                          Not directly, but a while later, or it goes in the loft. My parents have expensive tastes and don't like random tat!

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post

Kinda retro but we played with lego last year (dug it out of the loft) so I thought sod it, at least he'll have something to do on the day

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              Wh smiths 2 books for a tenner, ramsey/stein cooking and WWII history, travel in there.
                              He really doesn't read

Comment

Working...
                              X