New Years Eve Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Years Eve Plans

So what is everyone planning for the forced celebration that is New Years Eve? I long since stopped getting stressed about the night, and the idea of being in a sweaty overpriced bar at mindnight fills me with dread.
    We have got a couple of mates coming down from Leicester and the four of us plan to drink Champagne and Cocktails, eat homemade Lasagne (with veggie option for my wife), and play games. Kinect turned up from Amazon today so I am guessing that will be a big part of the night.
    New Years Day will be walking the dog followed by giant roast dinner.

Everyone seems to be away for New Year down here this year, so I think I'll get a few beers in and work on my Blu-Ray backlog.

Comment

Going to a friend's place. 6 adults, 6 kids. Hopefully the kids will be in bed before us.

I just suggested fancy dress, but I think I'll be on my own for that one

Comment

Not a lot. Hopefully meeting a couple of friends early in the evening. Other than that probs just get some beers in. As YM says I'm not actually that bothered about being out.

Comment

Going to my friend's house with my girlfriend, his gf will be there too. So er, films, video games and some other crap. \o/

Comment

I think we're staying in. There is a party we fancy but by the time my girl finishes work and hauls ass to mine from 2+ hours away, we eat and go to another town for this party it will be about 11 and we'll have to pay a stupid amount to get back in a taxi.

So I think we're going to stay in, cook a nice dinner, have some drinks and either play games or watch Scott Pilgrim.

Comment

Staying in - usual routine.

Was hoping my sister was staying up for New Year as she's been here since before Xmas, but she went back home today.

It'll be more food and a few drinks, a board game or two and off to bed not long after midnight.

Not exciting, after Xmas New Year is just such a let down.

Comment

Wife working nights at the hospital so I will put my daughter to bed about 8pm, then watch a film and probably head to bed about 10pm.

Rock and Roll.

Comment

Heavily pregnant wife will no doubt be in bed by 9pm, so probably Super Street Fighter IV online

Comment

Don't usually go out unless it's to somebody's house but people keep telling me I'm going to the golf club this year.

The advantages of going there are that I live next door so it's easy crawling distance and it's quicker to just go home and use the toilet than it is to use the one in the club. It's also a private club which means it shouldn't be too busy and they will be open all night.

Comment

Girlfriends sister has her working behind the bar this year so I won't get to spend any time with her so it's looking like either going to my folks or down my mates local unless he's off gallavanting round the country.

Comment

Isle of wight for some 80's electro discotheque. I'm not close to retiring.

Comment

The wife and myself are hosting a small party tomorrow night for some friends. Plenty of beer, whisky, a crazy I-tunes playlist that goes from Erasure to Therapy? through Otis Reading, and Mrs Skull is making a big pot of scotch broth for after midnight
                          Last edited by Skull Commander; 30-12-2010, 17:38.

Comment

Staying at a friends house in gosport

Quiet one this year, might have a few chambords

Comment

Indian or maybe Chinese takeout with the folks, first year in many that i'm not going out drinking but to be honest I always feel like going out new years eve is the same as any other night out except you pay more for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X