Anyone ever been to Vietnam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever been to Vietnam?

Thinking of going to Vietnam for Easter. Just wondered if anyone had ever been and cold give me some advice/tips etc. While there I would like to nip over to Cambodia and see Angor Watt as well.
    Cheers for any help.

No but my girlfriends' friend ran tours there with Intrepid and I know that of all the places she works in, Vietnam was her favourite. Personally, I really want to go /jealous

Comment

I spent a few months in South East Asia including Vietnam and Cambodia but it was a few years ago now (end of 2003) so thing's might have changed a little.

Obvious key places to include for Vietnam are Hanoi and Halong Bay in the north, Hue and Hoi An centrally and Ho Chi Min, Mekong Delta, Cu Chi in the south.

Definitely worth visiting Angkor in Cambodia if you can, but it depends on how much time you have as I'd say absolute minimum 2 days. Probably worth at least also visiting Phnom Penh for a day while you're there (should be able to fit Tuol Sleng, Cheoung Ek and the Royal Palace or National Museum in one day).

Comment

I visited Hanoi a few years ago, and loved it. Can also recommend Halong Bay - beautiful place. Hanoi is really easy to negotiate, and I found the standard of English spoken by the locals to be invariably very good, although they might try French on you first. It was really cheap as well. Definitely worth going.

Comment

Looks like this is deffo going ahead after my dad said he could look after our dog. Think we will fly to Hanoi and from, there head to Halong Bay then will head down south and fly back home from Ho Chi Minh. getting excited now.

Comment

Working...
          X