Japanese Xbox 360 Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Xbox 360 Gaming

Do you import hotness from Japan for the 360?

If so, post about it here

I got a NTSCJ console a while ago when there was no word on stuff like EDF and Senko no Ronde coming over here.

I've been through a phase of not buying a lot of Japanese stuff but have recently picked up Ketsui, Espgaluda and I have Gal Gun, Catherine and Muchi Muchi/Pink Sweets on pre order.

A while ago I bought loads of different things just to have a look at them like Super Robot Taisen, Gundam Operation Troy (my review is here) and Aqua Life (fish tank simulator).

I may post up some pics tonight

I really want the new dodonpachi, gal gun and pink sweets, but the prices are crazy at the mo

Comment

I got my first Jpn unit at the backend of 2006 from the fine Mr Bleeders on here again much like you Chope because things like Senko weren't expected to get a UK release & since then haven't looked back for shooter goodness

I pretty much haven't bought anything Jpn only that isn't a shooter & the trend looks set to continue with pre-orders in place for Muchi/PS & the DFK Extras disc.

I do find it a struggle these days but I generally don't buy any other games & spend almost all my gaming life on Fifa or Tiger Woods so the odd £60 ish on a quality shooter is well worth it...just gonna be hard next month when it's nearer £130, why on earth Cave must release them both within days of each other is quite annoying

That said I do still need to get Mamoru-Kun at some point as well.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        spend almost all my gaming life on Fifa or Tiger Woods
        OMG mainstreak casual gamer alert!

I used to import, but these days, with my focus mainly being GBA, I have no real need to.

Not many of the Japanese only titles now interest me. I will of course buy the region free Cave shmups, but apart from that, the urge to import current gen is lessening all the time.

The difference between crud Japanese region locked titles I played compared to the good ones was astounding. In the crud column, we have stuff like Diario Rebirth, Love Football, Super Robot Taisen, Everyparty & Aquazone. All totally dire, but the good ones, Otomedius, Raiden Fighters, Smiles, Spectral Force 3 & IdolMaster L4U were fantastic.

Hopefully Spectral Force 3 will get some kind of budget release over here.

Comment

I plan to get a JP 4GB slim with Kinect some time, paying halves with my girlfriend. :3

Only really want that for Dream C Club Zero though..

I did once own the majority of the must have JP 360 stuff but foolishly offloaded my beautiful jasper console when I was buying arcade stuff.

Mushihimesama Futari - despite it's region freeness - is the best the JP 360 has to offer imo.

Comment

The whole Cave/Jpn 360 phenomenon feels like the biggest shot in the arm for import gaming in ages, for me anyway. Ever since the Dreamcast croaked (okay, technically it's still on life support) I've imported very little. Only a few retro odds & sods. Now, a new Cave release is something I really look forward to (and pretty much a guaranteed sale for those cheeky monkeys at Cave, yes I'm waggling my finger at DFK BL/Ketsuipachi). Around 5 years ago when I last owned a Supergun, if anyone had told me what was about to happen I'd have jumped 10 feet in the air. If you're any kind of fan of shooters then the cost of a Jp machine and a few titles isn't so bad, certainly when compared to the supergun/cab/PCB route, not that they're totally like for like ... if I had the money of course I'd prefer a cab and the arcade originals ... but a 360 and a decent stick is close enough for me. And what a library of games.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
              and I have Gal Gun, Catherine and Muchi Muchi/Pink Sweets on pre order.
              Glad I'm not the only one buying Gal Gun As any other Cave shooter on the 360 I too have MM/PS on preorder, but I don't really know about Catherine: the story sounds interesting but due to complete lack of written Japanese skills means I would miss out probably the best part of the game.

Comment

Getting Catherine on PS3 so mneh. Deffo getting Galgun too though.

Comment

I import US games for my 360. I'm in the wrong thread though

Comment

Christ, I forgot about my DFK pre order as well.

I recently enjoyed the first Dream Club. I sat around with some friends and we worked through it using the first play thread on here.

I haven't bust open Idol Master yet despite having a sealed copy on my shelf.

I also heartily recommend No More Heroes. It has 60 second loading times and crashes every couple of hours but it is still fantastic!

Comment

Gonna get NMH on PS3 in time..

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Gonna get NMH on PS3 in time..
                        Pretty much the same for me.
                        I've played through the uncut Wii waggle version & the problems with the crashes on the 360 version scare me beyond all belief...cant afford to replace another RROD system if the crashes take their toll too much (A crashing Burnout Paradise cost me my first 360 to a E74 graphic error )

I'd prefer the 360 version because I believe it's uncut but I'm too scared lol

Comment

Got Catherine on pre-order

Also tempted to pick up No More Heroes and Tetris Grand Master Ace (as it's pretty cheap) and then wait to find all the other games I want cheaper than they currently are everywhere cos I can't afford it

Comment

My Japanese 360 just red ringed.

I'm so angry right now.

EDIT - How are Play Asia when it comes to consoles and import tax? They have Japanese 4gb slims for £180 and I might as well plump for a piece of hardware that works.
                            Last edited by chopemon; 25-01-2011, 22:35.

Comment

Ouch. If mine will ever do that, it will be the first console that will fly out of the window. After removing the HDD, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X