Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite import exclusives (wallet damaging content warning!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite import exclusives (wallet damaging content warning!)

My favourite import exclusives are:

Guru Logic Champ on the GBA.

Some of the puzzles are seemingly impossible, but knowing they are all solvable spurs me on. I've sunk more time into that game than I care to think about. Almost as much as:

Mr Driller Ace on the GBA.

This keeps track of how far you dig. I don't look at that page any more

And finally:

Sin & Punishment: Successor to the Earth on the N64.

I love the boxart. I love the action. I love the characters. I love the mixed up gameplay elements and different viewpoints. A classic and now bettered by it's sequel on the Wii.
    Last edited by charlesr; 26-01-2011, 10:09.

Being the big rhythm action fan that I am the following 2 games have been favourites of mine in the last year:

Hatsune Miku Project Diva:

K-On! After School Love:

Comment

Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan

Best game on the DS. I know they made Elite Beat Agents for us westerners but that was rubbish!
      Last edited by Brad; 26-01-2011, 10:20.

Comment

Cracking US import. Pinball Hall Of Fame: The Williams Collection. Truly spot on pinball physics, some fantastic real tables that look (gfx on the PS3 ver are very slick) and sound authentic, and play as close to the real thing as you're likely to get on a console.

It's available across all formats in the US but if you want the brilliant Medieval Madness (awesome table), Tales of the Arabian Nights, and No Good Gofers then you need to go for the PS3 or 360 version as they're exclusives.

Last edited by Atticus; 26-01-2011, 10:29.

Comment

Yeah, I'll go with Ouendan too. It was the first thing I thought of when I heard that the 3DS would be region locked. It's a fantastic game with great tracks. While I didn't think EBA was rubbish, the original beats it in almost every area.

But my most played import exclusive are the Saturn Capcom fighters that only made it to Japan, to my knowledge. X-Men vs SF, Marvel vs SF, Cyberbots etc. They're the main reason I got two Saturns.

Comment

Ah yeah, I forgot about:

Ltd Edition Deathsmiles US Xbox360

Apart from being a lush game, the faceplate is cool too. Unless you have a 360S lol

Comment

No contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A2 View Post

No contest.
                Still need to pick myself up a copy of that. Is the box embossed like the SFC Mother 2?

Comment

The reason I started importing - beatmania IIDX (series).

Latest and last console release being IIX Empress:

Comment

Rhythm Tengoku on the GBA.

Suzuki Bakuhatsu on the PS1.

Soukyugurentai on the Saturn.

Comment

I don't think Elite Beat Agents is rubbish. At least it's playable to non-Japanese speakers. Ouenden has way more Japanese text than I'm willing to stumble through.

Comment

Points at his avatar.

That'll be Xenogears then, heh.

Comment

Sky Gunner PS2.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

To me it felt like the timing on Elite Beat Agents was off. I seriously couldn't even play it properly. I was rubbish at it because, to me, the stylus presses and swipes felt off from the music being played. I never felt that with Ouendan. The stories - such as they were - didn't really need you to understand the text in order to know what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                              To me it felt like the timing on Elite Beat Agents was off. I seriously couldn't even play it properly..
                              I found it to be a much easier game than Ouendan 1 and 2 were. I only unlocked the ladies on EBA, never managed it on either Ouendan.

Comment

Working...
                              X