Gal Gun 360 GalGun / Gal*Gun demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gal Gun 360 GalGun / Gal*Gun demo

Cupid shoots you with too many arrows on your way to school, so the entire female population of the school tries to attack you. With love. And hate when they get too close and think you are looking at the other girls.

So, just like the school I went to, there are no other boys and all the girls are fit.

It's an on-rails shooter, with a zoom to target function for more accurate zoned hits - queue "I'd hit" jokes etc.

Firstly, load times are pretty horrendous, especially during the 3 second tutorial bits at the start. Eventually the stages become longer than the loading though

At first I was sat there pounding my crotch (where the pad was resting - you hit A to fire), thinking this is rubbish. Which it probably is. But after a while, I'm realising I need to be more careful and go for the sweet hits to build up the love guage and to avoid getting hit by literal love "letters" flying through the air at you. And started treating it like a game, and enjoying myself. Expectations were not high though, so it wasn't difficult to exceed my expectations.

If it gets a bit overwhelming, your Y button special, selects the targetted chick and gets you to find her particular favourite body parts to be attacked?/hammered? er... tickled? God knows.... anyway, max your minigame battle guage to zoom in for max upskirt viewage and finally deal the devastating death blow er... no.... love blow... er no.... help.

Loads of entirely skippable text. No idea what the multiple guess stuff does though. Dating game style questions I guess?

The 2nd end of level boss er, no... librarian with miniskirt on ladder was pretty tough and I didn't get the reveal.

Pros:
    Upskirt
    Hot* schoolgirls
    Lots of hot girls in skirts and gym kit

Con's:
    Light gun rail shooter without the light gun. Should have been on the Wii, with a phallus gun included in the pack or something.
    Dreadful amount of thankfully skippable chit chat.

*Hot = the usual schoolgirl physique with 3 different sized boobs (not on the same one though....) and different coloured hair etc.

I'm thinking the high score wanking might not be enough to pull this one out of the gutter.

If you've ordered it already, enjoy, otherwise I'd say wait for it to drop in price if you fancy this, because it's not really a deep enough system once you peel the eyecandy away. I had a short amount of fun, but can't imagine ever playing the whole game more than once through.

Where does it fit into the general scheme of things? Not as good as Super Galdelic Hour, but better than Come On Baby.
    Last edited by charlesr; 31-01-2011, 21:28.

So, it's one of those games that you can't play with anyone around but you feel guilty when playing alone...can't wait to have my copy

Comment

I gave the demo a play, must say I quite enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        So, it's one of those games that you can't play with anyone around but you feel guilty when playing alone...can't wait to have my copy
        Like Final Fantasy X-2 then.. lol

Comment

Sorry for the innuendo-fest above. Sensible hat on: This so could have been brilliant on the Wii. It could have been Sin and Punishment but 1st person, with a slap move when they get too close and evade moves for faster love "letters".

The whole experience just needs speeding up to be really fun, but the limitations of the pad control necessitate a slightly slower game (think Rez), but Rez was more considered, eschewing the need for exact multiple hits (most of the time) in favour of the sweep-multiple-targets lock affair which made it great with the pad.

Having said that, I think I remember there being an easy/hard selector at the start of the demo. I picked the top one - I'll go back and check with the other option was like. Yeah, I'm kinda drawn back and probably shouldn't have written this off so quickly.

Comment

Sorry for the innuendo-fest above.
            It's a game built on innuendos, taking advantage of the very spirit of the game is only natural...I was able to get through 3 DokiDoki Majo Shinpan games thanks to that.

As I see it, the game ended on the 360 because there's already a relatively solid fanbase for games of this kind, and I'm not speaking about light gun games but games with pretty girls...I think Alchemist saw in Idolm@ster players potential buyers even when the two games are very different.
            Plus the 360 is capable of nicer graphics than the Wii, which is always a huge plus in these games.
            Theorically the game could have been on the Wii (early in its life it saw Osouji Sentai Cleaner, tamer than all DDMS games) but with lower sales and without the direct possibility to bring the game to PCs or PS3s.

Comment

Ah the graphics.... Sort of basic cel shading. Pretty much looks like a Wii game but with higher resolution selected.

Comment

So when pressing Y, if you have the heart gauge around 3, you always have time to win the minigame. It boosts your stats everytime. What effect they have on the game i don't know, maybe more luck with the ladies you chat up.

Comment

The minigame takes out everyone else on screen if you win. It's like a smart love bomb, but with an element of risk. Good to use in a tight spot when being overwhelmed.

Comment

you can clear the mini game with the heart a lot less than 3 full...just hold the trigger to 'charge' and you get big boosts!!

anyone worked out what the stats bars are for?? i managed to totally empty 2 of them. mainly as all my shots were bum and bajingo based I think

was decent fun but I think 2 levels is enough for me...my housemate popped his head in the room on his way out to work and laughed at me for playing it hehe. i read there was an 'emergency' button that changes the game to a retro game but its not in the demo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                      bajingo
                      Someone's been watching too much Scrubs!

Comment

i read there was an 'emergency' button that changes the game to a retro game but its not in the demo!!
                        Back, but everytime I activated the "panic mode" it was a stationary screen with looping sprites and music, nothing else.

anyone worked out what the stats bars are for?? i managed to totally empty 2 of them. mainly as all my shots were bum and bajingo based I think
                        I think emptying the bars is bad...negative numbers are in red so it must be bad to empty them...right? The Y love bomb mode affect the four bars in both ways but I haven't managed to understand how: I think when a girl shouts "tame!" it's better not to hit her on that spot or a stat will go down, but I'm not sure.
                        I discovered that filling the heart meter on the left while in this mode and using Y on his mouth/face delivers a "finishing blow" that will unlock that girl's full stat in the game menu, but nothing else.

For my first trip I've chosen the blond with drill-like hairs and managed to get through most conversations with the correct choices...probably they will affect the ending.

Shooting stages are boring and the army of semi-random girl clones is almost upsetting, but "boss" stages deliver some variety; during the third encounter with drill girl I had to pose for her: first you have to chose the pose she asks for and then you have to shoot incoming sheeps on the right spot to avoid falling asleep.

Comment

Is this out for the PS3?

Comment

360 exclusive Hush.

I enjoyed the demo when I played it a few days ago. Thankfully it's region locked so I didn't have to drop 50? on it.

The Red Sun Gamers did a live translation of the demo - http://www.justin.tv/redsungamer/b/278842146

They put it on youtube.

edit, audio drops for 4 minutes at 9.30 as they try to fix a tech issue. Tecsh issue (capture card wasn't picking up any of the red channel) sorted at 23 mins.
                            Last edited by Bort; 05-02-2011, 18:17.

Comment

booo Don't have a 360 this and most of the other shooter is what to making me think of getting one
                              not got round to watching the video yet

Comment

Working...
                              X