Japanese ps2 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese ps2 question.

What was the final/newest model of the ps2 produced in Japan ? was it the SCPH-90000CB ? The reason I ask is that lately I've been really enjoying playing through a ton of old retro games on my ps3 via the ntsc psn store (FF7, Resident Evil etc) and would love the chance to re-play some ps2 classics. Also how easy would it be to mod this model to play American and European games ?

Actually was there ever a ps2 boot disc similar to the freeloader ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
      Actually was there ever a ps2 boot disc similar to the freeloader ?
      There was indeed, it was called Swap Magic...

This website is for sale! swapmagic3.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, swapmagic3.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I had the Jpn version for my PS2 but I couldnt get all the little bits to work so gave up & decided to just stick to Jpn games.

I'm not sure how easy it is to get a PS2 chipped these days as the Mod chips arent strictly legal anymore & seem to be really hard to find.

I know of a few people who had them chipped by Ghost 2 Fitter but I messaged him a while back & he said they couldn't do them anymore

A few people have been selling Modded machines on here recently so it might be worth keeping an eye on the sales forums.

Neil

Comment

Can I post links to a company that mods stuff based in Denmark?

Comment

It's pretty pointless modding a JPN unit TBH. Unless you already own it of course. Buying a domestic unit and modding that is surely the best move IMO.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Good point. But I want to get the latest model though. Do they still sell them in the UK ? Hard to come by in Eire.

Comment

Best to get a Jap unit and sell all your games and get jap versions.

Comment

Working...
              X