Midtown Madness 3 custom soundtracks..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midtown Madness 3 custom soundtracks..

Its great that you can have your own tunes in the game, as the main msuic is a bit pap.. The thing is though, it only ever plays one damn song!

It seems to always play the very first track you have on the list, and thats it! A random play feature would of been nice. Any else get annoyed by this?

Great game though bar that - wicked laugh to play Hunter with 8 people..

Yes, I really wish they'd use the Live system to patch that thing. It seems to work from the bottom up most of the time with me.

It seems a lot more inclined to move on to other tracks occasionally once it has played either the first or last track, however. Replace the first and last tracks in your playlist with something short and its a lot more random, though still not perfect.

Lots of real CDs have short silent tracks (Nine Inch Nails' Broken and Stone Roses Second Coming being the first two to spring to mind), or if your machine reads CDR you could always make your own.

Comment

I've yet to pick this up, I've heard it's a great laugh. Maybe i'll pick it up next week. Though I have read in a few reviews that this soundtrack bug exists.

Anyway I was on Wolfenstein the other day and the people on my team were chatting about this very problem.

One lad was saying that it's a bug that he's easily got around. He inserted a song that's only about one or two seconds long at the top of his playlist.

Apparently, the bug will always play the top song on the list and then will randomise after that.

So stick something really short at the top and then you'll have a randomised playlist.

Edit: I'm not sure whether it's the top or the bottom of the playlist. you may have to check

Comment

Cheers people, I'll try that..

Comment

Yeah I came across a webpage that said if you inserted a track that only lasts a second or two then it fixes it. I can't seem to find it anymore but justmake a blank 2 second file and stick it at the top of the playlist and it should sort it - worked for me

Comment

Cheers..
            Does it then play tracks randomly?

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena
              Cheers..
              Does it then play tracks randomly?
              Yep, just checked my Box and it is a blank 4 sec file

Comment

So just the top then? I heard top from some, bottom from others, and just went with both.

Comment

Any idea how to make a blank file on a Macintosh?

Comment

Done it, yay random tunes!

Comment

Shifted to the online gaming folder.

Comment

OK I have cracked this too now. For those with older machines juat grab a copy of Korns "Follow the leader" The first 13 tracks are just 5 second silences. Made a copy of track 1 and bingo custom soundtracks now randomly working.
                        Hooray.

Chip

Comment

Working...
                        X