PSP Recommend Me Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP Recommend Me Do

I've found myself getting back into the PSP again lately and am interested in getting interesting Japanese titles that may have passed me by. At the moment I have
    Initial D Steet Stage
    Taito Memories
    Star Soldier
    Star Solider PC Engine Best
    PC Engine Best with the 2 RPGS and the shmup
    Gradius Collection
    Taiko No Tatsujin

And I think that's the lot.
    I love shmups,and quirky games. However, I don't like loads of impenertrable text, as my Japanese is non existant.

If you like puzzles, check out Loopop Cube: Lup Salad. And also Onore no Shinzuru Michi wo Yuke.

If you like music, the second Hatsune Miku game is pretty awesome.

Comment

Parodius Portable
      Monster Hunter 3rd
      Dracula X Chronicles
      Last edited by rmoxon; 07-04-2011, 22:05.

Comment

I have Freedom Unite and Also Dracula X.
        I have no interest in Japanese versions of games that are already out in England, unless they have significant extras.

Comment

Airport Hero - Sapporo is probably the best of the first 3 games, but there are 5 now and my copies of Haneda and Kansai are on the way.
          SRW MX Portable

^Both of these have PSP the Best editions out too btw.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
            IAnd also Onore no Shinzuru Michi wo Yuke.
            Yes, NTSC-uk has a translation article, and this piece by me went up recently. It does annoying later on though.

Zettai Zetsumei 3
            Or Disaster Report 3, which is now crazy expensive after Irem cancelled the series.

Ikkitousen 1+2
            A scrolling fighter like Final Fight/Streets of Rage. Looks ace.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy Darius Burst. The game sucks - possibly the worst in the series.

Comment

It's a bit more slow paced but as far as puzzle games go Dragon Dance is a fab little title you might be interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                Whatever you do, do NOT buy Darius Burst. The game sucks - possibly the worst in the series.
                Really?! I'd only heard good things and it was on my wanted list..

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
                  Really?! I'd only heard good things and it was on my wanted list..
                  I got bored of the dull visuals and repetitive bosses (there's about 5 which are recycled for the 20 or so stages). The weapon system has a weird system of powering you up to max, and then one more add-on switches you to the next weapon but depowers it. If want the 3rd option, you're going to have to go through two drop-points of being underpowered. Or stick with the first weapon and avoid all power-ups after reaching maximum (it's less interesting than it sounds). Also, you need to complete the game at least twice to unlock the mission mode, and further replays to unlock new ships. And doing so is major tedium.

The music is probably the best I've heard in the series though. But you can buy the OST for that.

If you've got a PSP or PS3, you're better off buying some funds for the Japanese PSN and getting one of the PS1 Darius games, which are bloody ace. They're only 600 Yen each I think.

Comment

I like the look of that scrolling fighter.

Comment

Not Japanese, but the DJ Max titles are awesome. Suppose there's always the Taiko games, too.

Comment

Korean is close enough. lol

Comment

Salamander Portable

Comment

Good call. Will look out for that.

Comment

Yeah, it's a cracker...Salamander, Lifeforce, Salamander 2, and Xexex!

Comment

Working...
                              X