Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a Step Down Converter Recommendation (PS2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a Step Down Converter Recommendation (PS2)

In the process of finally getting my American fat PS2 up and running and all I need now is a step down converter. Now I know roughly about the voltage and whatnot, but I was wondering if you guys could recommend a Step Down converter that maybe you've used before and know for sure it'll work. It is the first console I've imported (I'm from the UK) so just being safe not to run into any slip ups like blowing the thing up, lol. XD

I have read the import articles on the site, but just wanted a converter that someone knows that works right 100%, and if possible, provide a link to the recommended converter.

Massive overkill, but will work if you try the same thing for an xbox too.

Or 100W small one.

You'll probably find a PS2 will run fine on a 50W stepdown, but will probably run very hot. Higher VA = better.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Massive overkill, but will work if you try the same thing for an xbox too.

Or 100W small one.

You'll probably find a PS2 will run fine on a 50W stepdown, but will probably run very hot. Higher VA = better.
      Massive thank you. I might go for the first if it can also do other game consoles, as I should import some in the distant future. Would it work with other consoles too? Nothing else I'd need to know about it?

Comment

i have used that 300w for many import consoles (including a laseractive/saturn/wondermega/pc duo r and jp slim xbox) so yeah it will work with anything

Comment

Wonderful, thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X