Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Game Centre Bournemouth - Wimbourne Road

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows if the video game centre in bournemouth is still trading ? I use to go there on a saturday afternoon to buy my imports until i got the internet in 2001 lol

Just curious if anyone knows

Thanks
    Trev

I used to go there back in 92 for Pc engine games.

Comment

No they closed for business a few years ago.

Comment

I ordered Saturn Darius Gaiden from that place when it was brand new. Cost me 63 pounds!!!! Now I sell the same game on my store for a tenner. Oh how times have changed.

Comment

Yep i remember buying Radiant silvergun brand new from there for ?60 afd then selling it back to him for ?20 DOH

Damn shame its gone but i couldnt afford his prices in the end , I also bought a Dangun feveron PCB from him , Now thats a hardcore Gaming shop

Comment

Originally posted by trev1976 View Post
            Yep i remember buying Radiant silvergun brand new from there for ?60 afd then selling it back to him for ?20 DOH

Damn shame its gone but i couldnt afford his prices in the end , I also bought a Dangun feveron PCB from him , Now thats a hardcore Gaming shop
            and a very funky board to boot

Comment

I bought "Tempest" for the Jag from there, ?70 ouch. Turned out to be the only Jag game worth having(no AVP wasnt that good)!

Comment

I bought my modded Saturn from there via phone a couple of years ago – they must have gone down recently.

Comment

Be interesting to know excatly when ,

Comment

It was some time in 2008 as I e.mailed the owner in June and was told they had just gone under, sad day indeed.

Got my copy of Terranigma from there on the SNES along with quite a few import titles.

Comment

It was poorly run towards the end. The original owner sold it off, still play football with him from time to time and the new owner made a few poor stock choices and things were really expensive.

Comment

Yeah the old owner was the short guy (cant remember his name) i use to get all my consoles modded there too ,Also have fond memorys of seeing all the import saturn games on show behind the counter ,that alone made me collect saturn games for years, I think he got out at the right time to be honest , Just before the internet started getting popular for shopping and Ebay

Comment

Yeah he did get out at the right time, Martin his name is.

Comment

I used to love going to the VGC - remember buying Contra Spirits for about ?40 when it came out on the Super Famicom; & worth every penny it was too.

Was such a cool shop to visit - remember playing some Snes SF2 against the guys that worked there & so on.

All a distant memory now of course.

Comment

Whats martin doing for a living now btw?

Comment

Working...
                              X