New features after site upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New features after site upgrade

Hi. The Site was upgraded (and a security flaw patched) earlier. Sorry for the interruption but the flaw involved the search facility so was urgent.
    The new release mainly features changes to the posting interface, including an autosave feature in case you accidentally fall asleep on the keys and navigate away. See the vid for more info:
    [YT]JK4oDgDicW8[/YT]

Thanks for that Charles, looks great!

Comment

Liking the save post thing - has saved me time twice already.

Favicon has gone though?

Comment

Ah cheers. I forget that every time Should be fixed now. Ctrl-F5

Comment

Ok, the upgrade includes a bug which breaks the buttons for the custom tags.
          It will be fixed in the next version (the suggested fix is rather complex so I won't be attempting it myself)
          a) They no longer appear in the quick reply box - I can probably fix this
          b) They only actually work properly in the "source mode" version of the editor (click the A/A button in the top left of the editor window to switch from source mode to "WYSI(almost)WYG" mode if you want to use the custom tags and can't remember what they are and need the buttons to work.
          c) The button pics aren't big resized - I can fix this by just making them the right size instead of being lazy.

Comment

Charles i cant reply with quote since the upgrade, is anybody else experiencing this or its something my side?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
              Charles i cant reply with quote since the upgrade, is anybody else experiencing this or its something my side?
              Works here...

Comment

Im trying on my PS3 browser TTK, since the upgrade ive had a few problems posting.

Comment

Could it be that it's in the quick reply box and your browser isn't scrolling down, as opposed to opening the full reply page?

Comment

Half the internet is broken in the PS3 browser, but the problem you are having is probably related to one of the problems we've had with BBcode not working, it might be fixed next time there is an upgrade.

Comment

@MisterBubbles, if you press "reply" straight underneath someone's post (i.e. right next to "reply with quote"), does that function ok?

Comment

Any chance of implementing a shill tag on the board?

It would change each letter to a different colour ever few seconds.

Comment

I think it would be cool to have a promotion type system for good posting. Almost a "like" button from Facebook I suppose but different and unique to this site.

Comment

Is it possible to stop the auto save feature from popping up the "are you sure you want to navigate away" dialog? It's really starting to grind my gears as I navigate quickly into and out of thread sometimes.

Comment

I think it only happens if you start typing and then change your mind. I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X