Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He makes a mean duck a l'orange

Comment

I've heard he's related to JOHN McPHAIL, so I think your answer is there.

The 2 Ayalas in ISS games, for Argentina and Paraguay, were aces.

Comment

Ayala has done very well in the reserve and youth teams for Liverpool but whenever I witnessed him in a first team game he seemed to be lacking in a couple of areas. His pace seemed non existant, he struggled to keep up with opponents regularly. His decision making was poor, he committed quite a few fouls and got booked if I remember rightly.

Decision making is something that does improve with age and his positioning could deal with a lack of pace. Basically experience is what he needs, he seems to be a decent enough player but just needs a run of games to get the confidence and experience any central defender needs.

Comment

Right then, as it all kicks off tomorrow, I think it's predictions time so we can all look back at the end of the season and realise how utterly wrong we were.

And cause I'm a glutton for punishment, hows about we try and pick the final standings for the entire division? Oh yes.

I reckon we're looking at:

Man U
          Chelsea
          Man City
          Liverpool
          --
          Tottenham
          Arsenal
          Fulham
          Everton
          Stoke
          Sunderland
          Bolton
          Aston Villa
          Newcastle
          Blackburn
          QPR
          Wolves
          West Brom
          --
          Norwich
          Wigan
          Swansea

Comment

At Christmas, Arsenal will be 27 points clear at the top of the league, the final table will be:

Man U
            Chelsea
            Man City
            Liverpool
            --
            Arsenal
            Everton
            Fulham
            Bolton
            Stoke
            Tottenham
            Sunderland
            Newcastle
            West Brom
            Wolves
            QPR
            Aston Villa
            Swansea
            --
            Wigan
            Norwich
            Blackburn

Comment

Not amazing from Sunderland, playing defensively, attacking on the break, not ideal for when you're 1-0 down.

Carragher could've perhaps seen a red for this:

leg breaker if it comes down on a planted leg. Gotta love to commentator excusing it straight away saying "no malice".

Comment

I think he caught the trailing leg by accident to be honest, but that was a stupid challenge. He deserved a red for it.

Comment

Sunderland haven't been in it this half but damn that was a good equaliser.

Comment

What on earth was he going in like that for? Shocking defender and that could be the thing that stops Liverpool hitting top spots this year, defending.

Nice to see Sunderland get a point, hoping they do well this year.

Comment

Same story as last year for Liverpool it seems. Strong first half which they didn't capitalise on to make the lead comfortable. Second half started ok but then Sunderland scored and Liverpool started looked tired and desperate, quick long balls in the hope that someone would be up to receive it.

Comment

Watched a bit of the game in various pubs as part of a burbur crawl.

The penalty...

I didn't have my bins on, so I'll just call it as I saw it;
                        He made contact, it was a red, by the letter of the law.
                        Suarez made a right meal of it, flipping around like a salmon.
                        A terrible penalty, EEYORE.

On the other hand, as a footballing decision, not to send someone off after 5 minutes, and deeming the penalty and a yellow punishment enough, is one for the neutrals.

As I say, although I couldn't see properly , Richardson should have been sent off, as he was the last man (and it was a terrible piece of play to concede possession). But, having gained the reprieve, Larsson's goal was superb. I didn't see that challenge above, but it's poor, late challenge. Maybe that balances out the failure to give Richardson a red.

Comment

I see Barton is starting for Newcastle. I put a fiver on him scoring, seems to be the kind of thing that happens when a player has been in the news. Hopefully Newcastle can win, then Spurs can go ahead of Arsenal on goal difference

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                            Hopefully Newcastle can win,
                            An inexcusable comment... whatever effect it has on Spuz.

Comment

It's such a rare event to see Spurs above Arsenal in the table that I'll stoop to any depraved depths to see it!

Comment

Terrible, terrible game so far. Newcastle have no quality anywhere and Arsenal simply can't do anything with the ball when they have it (and they had it a lot). 2 Attempts from Arsenal in a game they were dominating...

Comment

Working...
                                X