Loan Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan Stars

I guess this thread is more suited to fans of lesser teams.

I was watching the Scunthorpe v Newcastle match just now and saw Leon best playing and it got me wondering what players have your club had on loan that have gone on to greater things.

For The Wednesday

1. Gabriel Agbonlahor - He spent a small amount of time at Hillsborough and never really impressed, he used his speed to run towards the corner flag a lot. He was only 18 at the time though.

2. Kenwyne Jones. - Still much loved at S6 after he scored something like 7 goals in 6 games for us when we got him on loan from Southampton. Of all the loan players I saw he was the one who we all thought would go on to greater things.

3. Leon Best - Think he spent two loan periods at S6 and he never really impressed me. Think he was injured during one of his stints, but he never looked better than our normal poor quality strike force.

So, who came to your club before they were famous?

Sunderland has had plenty of Brown Stars over the years.

But the best loan stars have been:
    Danny Welbeck
    Stewart Downing
    Jonny Evans

We've had some total **** too, like Terry Cooke.

Comment

Gary Cahill came to Burnley as an 18 year old from Villa and was outstanding - a CB partnership of him and John McGreal is probably the best I've ever seen for the Clarets. I remember Frank Sinclair saying he was better than John Terry at the same age, a very big complement for him at the time.

Preston fans normally pipe up and mention Beckham's time at Dumpdale but I don't think there's any Nob Enders on here?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        Sunderland has had plenty of Brown Stars over the years.

But the best loan stars have been:
        Danny Welbeck
        Stewart Downing
        Jonny Evans

We've had some total **** too, like Terry Cooke.
        We also had coke head Terry Cooke at Wednesday.

Just read up on Cooke and saw that last year he played for a bit in Azerbaijain!

Comment

Terrible player - couldn't run, cross, pass, anything. All the hype as he came from Man Utd too!

Comment

. Gabriel Agbonlahor - He spent a small amount of time at Hillsborough and never really impressed, he used his speed to run towards the corner flag a lot. He was only 18 at the time though
            Thats pretty much what he does now mostly

I will add Kyle Walker...a right back who is less effective at defending than Darren Bent!! Scored a couple of great goals though and terrified the opposing fullback. He would make a far better winger tho.

Comment

We had Frank Lampard at Swansea and more recently we had Fabio Borini on loan from Chelsea and he will be a full Italian international, no doubt about that.

Comment

Wilshere & Sturridge.

God that's depressing.

Comment

Working...
                X