importing a jap/asian 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

importing a jap/asian 360

Just about to order one from PA. Is there any difference between the asian and jap consoles apart from ?30.

Also using UPS for delivery will i get charged vat etc at the door of invoiced later on, also how fast are they (i.e would i get it before xmas if i ordered tomorrow?

And one more , will using UPS get it through customs faster ?

cheers

bri
    Last edited by Guest; 18-12-2011, 18:10.

Asian consoles have a 240v psu.

To be honest mate with the recently released shmups the few left that are Jpn region locked are really not worth the expense. Stick with a PAL machine.

Comment

i got a japanese machine ages ago had to get a stepdown converter to .....with shooters getting pal release not as much a need to import games (though there are the odd great japanese only games)

the only one advantage i have found is asia version games are usually english and cheaper (though japanese version games are pretty expensive now looking at play asia forza 4 the japanese version is $82/$52 and the asia version is $47/?30 (here in ireland games work out to about $65)

Comment

hmmm seems you convincing me to sway the other way and leave it, Did Espgaluda ever have a RF release as when i went on PA it jsut said it was jap only.

bri

Comment

The original release standard edition was region free

The Limited edition (With the faceplate) was region locked.

No ides on the Platinum release though...I'd be surprised if they added region locking to that though.

HTH

Neil

Comment

i think since i only have a japanese machine there has only been a few games where having a japanese machine screwed me a bit

fallout 3 game of the year edition only had a japanese language version and no asian release....and the pal and usa version does not work on the japanese machine (though standard fallout 3 had a english language asian release)

eternal sonata was japanese language only and the usa and pal versions were region locked

origionally got it for the cave games releases have to say bit burned out by them now and the game i got it for (death smiles) is now out in pal land....have to say the sequel is rather good did take a while for me to get into it but its the only cave game i can say i 1cc completed and got the secret boss

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              The original release standard edition was region free

The Limited edition (With the faceplate) was region locked.

No ides on the Platinum release though...I'd be surprised if they added region locking to that though.

HTH

Neil
              Platinum is region free.

But yeah, stay PAL IMO.

You're able to play DFK, Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets, Mushi Futari, Espgaluda II, Deathsmiles and other stuff that's coming out such as Akai Katana on a PAL console. More than enough really. Not to mention Bullet Soul and Eschatos are reigon free too.

Comment

Hmm i think you've all put me off, looks liek spanky danky new GFX card then in Jan when the new editions come out.

thanks for the advice anyway

bri

Comment

If anyone can help me track down Asian versions of Fallout 3 or Oblivion I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comment

f you're not getting JPN or Asian, then surely you should get a US 360? The PAL system never had Operation Darkness or other cool games released for it, whereas the US one did, albeit region locked.

Are there any region locked PAL exclusives?

Thinking of buying a 360 in the new year, maybe.

Comment

Working...
                    X