Thierry Henry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thierry Henry

But seriously, there have been few better players in the history of football.

Amazing

Nope, utter class. Even tonight he looked a little unfit in places but he didn't try to do anything he couldn't and took his goal with pure class.
    Andrei Ashavin needs to learn how to compose himself like that.

Comment

That finish, man. That finish.

It's like he's never been away!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Andrei Ashavin needs to learn how to compose himself like that.
        He's really starting to be annoying, we know what he's capable of but he just can't seem to put way any of his shots.

Henry is incredible, slotted back into the team so easily and finished just like he used to. Amazing stuff.

Comment

Meh.

(Leeds fan )

Comment

He is a class act isn't he. I reckon most football fans will enjoy seeing back in The Premier league as well (unless he is scoring against your team of course).

Comment

I remember when we (Reading) were in the prem in 06, Arsenal came to town and we were really looking forward to giving them a run (we were in good form at the time). Henry scored in the first minute and my mate and I sat back and looked at each other and decided we'd just enjoy the game. We lost 4-0 but thoroughly enjoyed seeing him at his best, can't wait to see Henry and Van Persie line up together!!

Comment

Begrudgingly, he is very good.

As for Arshavin, his talents are gimped out on the left imo.

Comment

Does he have any talent? He cannot run with the ball, he just seems to constantly hit his feet and bobble away. His vision still seems decent enough but his passing is inaccurate. He looks lost at the moment and it is a massive shame.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Does he have any talent? He cannot run with the ball, he just seems to constantly hit his feet and bobble away. His vision still seems decent enough but his passing is inaccurate. He looks lost at the moment and it is a massive shame.
                    That sounds similar to Henry during his time in Italy. Horses for courses and all that. Simply enough Arshavin is not a wide player and he obviously hasn't managed to adapt to the Premier League at all. Stick him central and he'd improve. The player clearly has class, he showed that earlier in his career.

As for Henry, players of his ilk dont lose their class they just wane physically. Which is why he wont be able to play full games against top teams week in week out. Definitely the kind of player to have in the squad if possible. The mental bonus of his team mates is also a boon.

Comment

I used to catch Monaco whenever I could, and saw Henry play a season for Juventus on the left and he was physically weak, touch wasn't great and looked like a total flake, honestly never thought he would make the grade and would be shipped back to France to whittle down his years at Sochaux or somewhere dire.

Turns out I were wrong

I think its the pitch that makes Monaco players look shod, Adebayor looked wrong there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                        As for Henry, players of his ilk dont lose their class they just wane physically. Which is why he wont be able to play full games against top teams week in week out. Definitely the kind of player to have in the squad if possible. The mental bonus of his team mates is also a boon.
                        Indeed. If Arsenal are going into the last twenty minutes of a match and need a goal, Henry coming off the bench is definitely going to cause more concern for the opposition than if they saw Park or Chamakh standing on the touchline waiting to come on!

I was surprised before his loan was confirmed that you had pundits asking if it was a gamble to bring him in. Couldn't understand that, it's surely a no lose situation for Arsenal? Boost to the fans, boost to his team-mates, and a great player to have coming off the bench. Even if he doesn't score another goal* I can't see what potential harm his signing could do.

* he will almost certainly score against Spurs, you just know he will, the bastard

Comment

I'll like to see Spurs re-sign Nayim as a counter measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                            That sounds similar to Henry during his time in Italy. Horses for courses and all that. Simply enough Arshavin is not a wide player and he obviously hasn't managed to adapt to the Premier League at all. Stick him central and he'd improve. The player clearly has class, he showed that earlier in his career.
                            If hes not a wide player what is he?

He has had one good season at Arsenal and he was playing on the wing for the majority of it.

He just isnt playing like he did when he joined Arsenal, it wouldnt matter where he played, he just seems to have completely lost it.

Comment

2nd striker is he not, that's where he played @ Zenit and for Russia.

Comment

Working...
                              X