PSone classics on the Japanese PSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSone classics on the Japanese PSN

Thanks to Sketcz (actual thanks!) I've got exactly 600? on a Japanese PSN account, and I want to get a PSone classic with it.

Anyone got any recommendations? Something that isn't available outside of Japan, ideally, without much of a language barrier. If there's any decent logic puzzle games, I'm well up for them. What's on there worth getting?

... Unless there's some other non-PSone exclusive on JPSN for 600? that's basically essential.

Cheers!

Finger Flashing. I defy anybody to name a better available title.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      Finger Flashing. I defy anybody to name a better available title.
      Was just about to post the same thing.

Last edited by Phar; 27-01-2012, 10:29.

Comment

Great minds Brent...
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ore no Ryouri is badass too, but you cannot play it on a PSP. It's also more text heavy than Finger Flashing.

Both games are must-haves IMO.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Is Finger Flashing even on the JPN PSN? I must have missed it.

Crikey, so many games to choose from... If you're sticking only to Japan exclusives there's still plenty.

Rakugaki Showtime - graffiti based brawler by Treasure, very expensive these days. It didn't click for me, your mileage might vary

Chippoke Ralph no Daiboken - 2D platformer, aka Adventures of Little Ralph. Good, but ludicrously difficult in places. Emphasis on speedrunning.

Dezaemon Plus - make your own vertical shmup. There's also Dezaemon Kids which comes with 100 vertical shmups already made, plus the ability to now make hori shmups.

Einhander - was released in the west, but in small quantities. Quality hori-shmup from Square.

Gunner's Heaven - it had a PAL release but is still pretty rare/expensive. Excellent 2D action game that plays like a sequel to Gunstar Heroes. A personal favourite.

Panzer Bandit - brawler in the style of Guardian Heroes. Very expensive. Bought it, never really played it.

Silhouette Mirage - released in English in America. By Treasure. I didn't like it, but some love it. Japanese version is better balanced, but you'll lose the wacky story.

Gaia Seed - 2D hori shmup. Alright I suppose. Einhander is better.

Cho Aniki - wacky 2D shooter.

I'm only scratching the surface. There are innumerable action-focused games on PSN. If you've never played it, and you like Gunstar Heroes, I'd recommend Gunner's Heaven.

Stay AWAY from the following crap: Blockkids, Kyuin, and Mad Stalker. I got burned by those.

Comment

Dezaemon Plus is the only game there I'd go for. You can make a hori in that too. Kids is way better IMO. Much easier to work with.

Everything else there I've found to be medicore or there are better examples available.

Finger Flashing ticks all the boxes that the OP asked for.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Kyuiin does suck though, as does The Rapid Angel. I've never known what the fuss over Gaia Seed was about either. It's like a second rate MD shmup I reckon.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'd agree with a few on Sketcz's list, and if nothing else it's really nice having access to some titles that'd cost a fortune elsewhere. In addition to Rakugaki and Little Ralph, The Silver Case is practically unplayable but it's nice to muck about in and see what it's like without stumping up a fortune.

Um Jammer Lammy is good? If you're after puzzlers, I think IQ Final is on there?

Comment

Don't forget Dodonpachi, if you're into shmups.
                    I remember that costing me a good ?90 back in the day to get that swine...

Comment

That's a very good point, can't believe I forgot those. The original Donpachi is there too! I own the discs also, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        Ore no Ryouri is badass too, but you cannot play it on a PSP. It's also more text heavy than Finger Flashing.

Both games are must-haves IMO.
                        I've never got round to playing this despite only hearing good things about it, always mean to buy it whenever I have some cash in my Japanese account but always end up with something else.

As far as other decent puzzlers go I think PS1 LupSalad is up on the JPSN.
                        Last edited by Phar; 27-01-2012, 13:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                          Chippoke Ralph no Daiboken - 2D platformer, aka Adventures of Little Ralph. Good, but ludicrously difficult in places. Emphasis on speedrunning.
                          Finger Flashing sounds ace, looking like that or Little Ralph I reckon.

Originally posted by Phar View Post
                          I think PS1 LupSalad is up on the JPSN.
                          Though saying that, if this is true it wins by default.

I might need more PSN credit. I should never have started looking into this. Thanks all!

Comment

Trust me Little Ralph is just a mediocre platformer with shiny graphics. FF would be a way better choice.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

A-Ressha de Ikou 5
                              Train company simulation game.

The Combini
                              Convenience Store sim.

Cheapest SRW game is 800yen sadly.

Comment

Working...
                              X