Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buyoyo.com

Hello,

Has anybody here used Buyoyo.com (formerly DVDshelf.com) before? They have something listed on their site that I've been after for quite a while but it appears that they will source items for a buyer within a given time period, as opposed to simply having the item in stock in a warehouse. The second hit on Google indicates an unfavourable experience from someone buying DVDs but I wanted to check and see if anybody from here had used them before.

Nope , never heard of this , but i have become curious , what you looking for?

Comment

Just a fairly obscure book. I can't find it anywhere else, unfortunately.

Comment

Hmmmm, too bad can't help on this one ....what kinda book??

Comment

It's a programming book, named Shooting Game Algorithm Maniax. Japanese language, but the C++ code is obviously readable. Apparently it's a fairly good resource for STG programming and I've just finished a small shooting game for a coursework project that I'd like to flesh out into a personal project for the summer university break.

Looks like I won't need Buyoyo after all, as there's a new edition available that they don't sell. Amazon Japan's shipping is dead expensive, though!

Comment

Hmmm , sounds soo confusing for me , how much is cost book itself??

Comment

?2,940, but the shipping is ?34. Looks like Amazon only allow for express delivery internationally- I'm guessing that it's EMS.

Comment

..... i know what it means .... price is good high enough , shipping also not a candy , well in some countrues you also have to pay customs for it !!! i know what it means..... sorry no good from me...

Comment

No experience with them, but just wanted to say that buying a Japanese language C++ book on shmups pretty much makes you king of the forum.

Comment

That's what this forum is for, isn't it? Normally I wouldn't consider it but I read a couple of old posts from other forums found via Google and word is that they're still a fairly good resource, if only for a comprehensive digest of algorithms designed for bullet patterns, etc.

Edit: here's some of the diagrams from the book. Quite beautiful, in an abstract sort-of way.

Originally posted by vulcan77 View Post
                    ..... i know what it means .... price is good high enough , shipping also not a candy , well in some countrues you also have to pay customs for it !!! i know what it means..... sorry no good from me...
                    Oh, I fully expect to get hit by customs. I'm holding back until the last of this year's student loan payments comes through, as I'm justifying the purchase as an educational expense. There are a few books in the series (for puzzlers and platformers too) so I might pick up a few more to further justify the shipping, which stays at a flat rate.
                    Last edited by Decider-VT; 03-04-2012, 15:32.

Comment

Working...
                    X