X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginga Force by Qute

Official site

at Play-Asia

Still have to grab Eschatos...the name makes me think of a sentai show and not a shoot'em'up.

Comment

Yeah, very much looking forward to this. We may not be getting any more Cave releases on 360, but as long as there are shmups of some sort, I'm happy.

Comment

I've already got my pre-order in, just in case it turns out to be region free. It looks like Qute are waiting for the ok from Microsoft on the matter.

Comment

What has it got to do with MS? Surely up to the publisher to decide?

Comment

There's so many Cave bullet hell shooters on the system I'm more excited by the likes of this than another Cave port to be honest. I also thought it was down to the individual publisher regarding region freeness, as it costs them a bunch more money legally to go down that route.

Comment

When a game's released it has to be certified by Microsoft in each region in which it'll be playable, so even if the one publisher has the rights to distribute it in whatever region they please, it might not be financially viable for them to stump up for having it tested for the UK if they're only planning on selling 5 copies in that market.

I can't remember who it was, but someone involved in getting one of the j-exclusive shooters out made a vague comment somewhere about Microsoft getting strict about region free releases.

Comment

Ah good info, cheers.

Comment

Turns out it is indeed going to be region-free

Comment

Damnit that means the price is going to get jacked up and it's going to sell out that much faster.

Comment

The 360 Achievement list has been revealed, hopefully the release isn't too far away. Although the date does keep slipping; Play-Asia have it as December now.

This would make for a nice Xmas present, but I have a feeling it may be early next year now.

Comment

be nice to see this before Christmas

really looking forward to it, Eschatos was ace

Comment

They've finally announced a release date: February 14th 2013.

Comment

Glad I didn't bundle it up in my Christmas order now. Ah well, will get an order in for Feb.

Comment

Dang, was hoping to pick this up while I was in Japan over new year.

Comment

Working...
                              X