PAL Xbox why import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL Xbox why import?

I've recently bought a PAL Xbox just to play LIVE. Excessive I know but I now find my US one redundant. Microsoft seem to to have really nailed game releases with hardly any diffrence in release dates. Fantastic and totally unlike the almost disrespectful Nintendo model.

Should I trade the US one. It feels 'cheap' going PAL but I can't see any advantage?

Whilst some games do come out pretty quick, the long release date wait is not uncommon in PAL X-Box land.

Both Shenmue 2 and Panzer Dragoon Orta took months to reach these shores.

Plus, if you've got a fancy TV I don't think the PAL X-Box wil let you at the Prog Scan modes.

Comment

Hmm... I have a PAL Xbox, and I'm not too bothered about release dates - US/UK releases seem to be pretty close together anyway. So, possibly it would be a good idea to sell you're US one, providing your willing to do that.

Besides, you could always chip you're Xbox. Which I myself would want done some day.

Comment

See how PAL only got PDO and DOAXBV over the last fortnight?

Well, US Xboxes got treated to those in January.

See how PAL just got the controller S?

US owners have had the choice since early last summer.

Let's not mention the 6 month wait for machine to even arrive on these shores or the six months between US Live and PAL Live.

Comment

Still not convinced. I feel the fetid stench of CEX approaching.

Comment

cex? whats up with the good old ntsc-uk trading forum, prolly get more too, knowing how tight cex are

Comment

Me neither i bought my Xb as my secondary machine really, and other than Xb Live it still is. And seeing as it's much easier to play XBL on a pal machine it's still the best choice for me.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                Plus, if you've got a fancy TV I don't think the PAL X-Box wil let you at the Prog Scan modes.
                Mod your pal xbox and use the Video Select app to select NTSC output mode, and your PAL games will run on your PAL Xbox in 480p etc (I've tested it).

Comment

The question is why get rid of it?

The amount of money you will get for it esp from that shower called CEX is minimal and really pointless. As the others have pointed out the release dates are an issue.

Keep your PAL one unchipped for Live, and keep ur US one for imports. Why didnt you just get the US Live kit? That would have saved you having to buy another xbox dude.

Comment

Soul Calibur 2 - Japan release date - 30th March

Soul Calibur 2 - UK release date - 12th September

Who said they had the releases nailed?

Comment

OUch

I didnt realise the gap for that was so big. Prob due to translation.

Comment

Originally posted by rep
                        OUch

I didnt realise the gap for that was so big. Prob due to translation.
                        What? They got one poor guy translating a sentence a day or something?

Comment

its nice to have a second xbox to mod, bigger hard disk, mame, cd ripping, mp3s things like that! not that im into any of that thou........

Comment

why did you buy a pal xbox for live. Why not just order a US live kit from amazon.com?

Comment

Try both iterations of Halo in multi player and tell me there is no difference. Try firing the pistol, are they the same? nope, the US one is waayy faster, despite what some quarters of the UK press would have you believe.

I speak particularly of the multi player game because it is this mode where I have had most cause to compare both versions. The US one is more unforgiving with regard to shield damage after a fall too.

Comment

Working...
                              X