The Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Football League Thread

New season, new thread for all us fans of teams in the lower reaches of the football pyramid. How do you think your team will do?

My team The Wednesday

Well after a great promotion run in we managed to get out of league 1 at the second attempt. Dave Jones seems to know exactly what he wants and is quite likeable in a grumpy old man way. For the first time in years we have real money to spend and I was delighted that we mangaged to sign Antonio from Reading for anywhere between 700k and 1.2 million. We are still on the look out for another striker and a central defender. Some fans are getting carried away and talk about us doing a Southampton, but for me that is dream land as Southampton were a massively better side than us when they came up and I think this will be one of the strongest Championships ever. I would be delighted with a top 10 finish. I went to the league cup match at Oldham the other and our first half display was one of the worst I have seen in years and we went in 2-0 down. Jones must have given them a right roasting as we were a different side in the second half and ended up comfortably winning 4-2.

Great win for Burnley today, totally controlled the game against Bolton. A great start to the season with a comfortable 2-0 victory, Shackell was a rock at CB and gave the team much needed leadership and organisation that has been missing for a couple of seasons. Mills had a superb debut at LB, Marney and McCann controlled the midfield, with Paterson and Austin each getting a goal apiece.

Your 30 pieces of silver couldn't buy you a result today, could it Judas?

Comment

When to Brighton to see Cardiff away and I have to say that It's one of the most impressive stadiums and most professional outfits I've ever seen in the football league . The fans are credit to the team, the stadium utterly terrific (even padded seats for the away fans) and where the home fans and public announcer give credit too and clap the away support.

Just a shame it was a mid week game and the stadium is a bit of pain to get too

Comment

Great photos there, I was looking forward to going to Brighton in a week or so to see The Wednesday but they moved the game to Friday night because of the uni freshers fair or something like that and now I can't go. Off to Crystal Palace at the weekend though, and after tonights victory gainst Fulham I can see us getting all three points.

Comment

Made the cardinal sin of putting money on your own football team this weekend. We lost to Palace, it takes forever to get there and I always find it strange in south London.

Comment

I quite like Palace myself - Police are moslty ok and there's a nice selections of pubs before you get to the ground . I went to Bristol City the other week for my sins and that's a complete ****hole

I must say the Championship is going to be insanely close this season imo

Comment

Get up to Boro and have a parmo

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                Get up to Boro and have a parmo
                Sorry mate . Not only is boro a nightmare to get too, when you're there there's next to nothing to do or any Pubs to visit :P

Comment

Lovely pictures, TA!

Not been the best start for Posh. If they keep this up they'll be playing league 1 football again!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    Sorry mate . Not only is boro a nightmare to get too, when you're there there's next to nothing to do or any Pubs to visit :P
                    Furthermore, if you spend the whole day there without wearing a biohazard suit, you can end up looking like the bloke in Robocop who ploughs his van into the vat of toxic waste.

Comment

Things going from bad to worse for Posh. From 1-2 up to getting smashed 5-2. Looking increasingly likely they'll be playing League 1 football next season.

Comment

Coyle given the boot from Bolton, what a shame

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          When to Brighton to see Cardiff away and I have to say that It's one of the most impressive stadiums and most professional outfits I've ever seen in the football league . The fans are credit to the team, the stadium utterly terrific (even padded seats for the away fans) and where the home fans and public announcer give credit too and clap the away support.

Just a shame it was a mid week game and the stadium is a bit of pain to get too

I went to see Forest away at Brighton last season and yeah it is a great away game to go to. They make you feel quite welcome (apart from having to park 2 miles away and catch a park and ride bus)

Last season the away fans sat behind one of the goal ends and when you enter the away stand inside the stadium before you take your seat they have lights up in your teams colours with picture of players displayed on the wall. Also they sell your local ale to make you feel at home.

Would go again if it wasn't so far.

I love going to away games, they're the best fans. I'll be going to Hillsborough this season if I can get up.

Comment

What is Warnock doing criticising Kirkland for going down too easily? The poor guy was hit when he wasn't expecting to be.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbatch View Post
                              What is Warnock doing criticising Kirkland for going down too easily? The poor guy was hit when he wasn't expecting to be.
                              Warlock is a Charlie Uniform November Tango of the highest order. His comments about Kirkland prove it.

The Leeds fan responsible needs to be life-banned from Football grounds in this country and jailed.

Comment

Working...
                              X