Holiday in the USA, what should I buy!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday in the USA, what should I buy!?

I am off on my holidays soon to the USA and looking to make a list of what I should pickup game wise!

Anyone any recommendations?

I've just been and depending on the extent of your current collection I'd say there's very little to get. Between region locking and how close release dates are these days it's pretty limited a list. Coupled with how expensive games are out there due to the state of the 2nd hand market. I bought only 3 games this time and 2 are available here for the same price.

Comment

PSN points cards. Lots of them. Some for XBLA too. There's also quite a few US exclusive 360 games, which are region locked but desirable by owners of US 360s (ie: me).

Retro tat is always a good bet. US SNES cartridges, such as Mother 2 and the like. In fact anything retro that takes your fancy. Maybe D2 on the Dreamcast.

TG16 stuff and Turbo Duo CDs if you can find 'em.

Guns. Bring back guns.

Comment

Retro Game Challenge on the DS. I love that and it is US only.

I don't think there is much current gen stuff you'd want/need to pick up, I like looking at the PS2 and Cube stuff when I'm over there.

Comment

Bring back a wii-u

Tbh unless you have a us 3ds there is nothing out in the states other than retro stuff that is worth picking up that ain't cheaper back home... Now if yah went to Japan...

I go over the pond around twice a year and I have not brought any games other than second hand wii games in the last three years... The price of new games is stupidly high when you can snap them up back here for a fraction of the price online, When they inevitably are reduced.

Save your money, waste it on apple products in the states it works out slightly cheaper over there.

Comment

A bullet proof vest.

Comment

Pepper spray! Those are illegal to sell in the UK, aren't they?

Oh, and food with EU-banned additives. The kind of stuff that gets kids high.

Comment

Thanks guys. I've had a look about on my first day but like you all said not much about.

Games Stop reminded me a lot of game and didn't really have any retro. Where should I be looking for retro? I'm in Florida on international drive if that helps anyone with shop locations.

Thanks all.

Comment

There isn't much here for retro in Canada either tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                    Where should I be looking for retro?
                    In people's bedrooms. A crowbar should help with that. And pepper spray, if you're a noisy chap.

Comment

Working...
                    X