E.X. Troopers [PS3 demo]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E.X. Troopers [PS3 demo]

No, you're not seeing double (as the 3DS demo impressions are on First Play)
    This is the PSTriple rendition of Capcoms Lost Planet spin off.

I'm not sure how the 3DS version plays like, but it's pace is faster than Lost Planet/ Lost Planet 2. You have a jet pack, though only horizontal movement for sideways dashing goodness. I've always wondered how they would make a Monster Hunter with guns. Lost Planet 2 nearly tried it. This seems to be quite near the formula.

The demo houses a single player and multiplayer segment.
    The single player is bog standard fare with a small tutorial at the start with a few kill room areas and then a boss.
    Multiplayer has two locations (jungle and desert) where you can go alone or team up with randoms.

Plays quite fast pace, though the constant holding of the R1 trigger for lock on is a bit of a bug bear. Unless there's an option to have it toggle on/off in the options menu. You can juggle enemies with a melee uppercut and then spam your gun. As for your loadout, you have two weapons, Light and heavy. both are infinite ammo - though you will need to wait for cooldown times for the heavy. I not sure how your 'super attack' gauge builds (more than likely the more damage you inflict) but once it's full a tap of the R2 unleashes it. Though if you're online and all your team mates have theirs full, get within proximity of each other and pressing L2 will unleash a team super move.

Not had the chance to play a multiplayer game with randoms yet, as I've just gone solo, but there's a variance of framerate between the jungle and desert locales, which I hope gets fixed in the final release.

Looking forward to it as I liked what I've seen so far.

Quite enjoyed the demo myself, can't believe it's only 250MB. Only tried the single player so far, but definitely had a lost planet type feel to it. Don't know if I would pay import prices for the full game, but if it gets an overseas release I might give it a looksie.

Comment

Had a few good games with random JPN players last night. Good fun. Felt like a turbo'd PSO light. It will be interesting to see what gear/ upgrades you can get in the full release.

Purchase GET!

Comment

Working...
      X