Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any region converters that will play Sin and Punishment on a PAL N64?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any region converters that will play Sin and Punishment on a PAL N64?

A quick look online says that S&P has some supreme region coding, but I couldn't find a conclusive answer on whether I'd need a JP N64 or whether I can use a region converter. Any help you can give would be great.

The Passport Plus III should be able to. I do remember that I've played S&P on my PAL N64, but switched to a modded NTSC machine years ago, so I can't really be sure.

Comment

The prices on those passport carts are extortionate. You're better off getting a jpn system, they're not too expensive.

Comment

Hmm, ok, thanks. Looking at the prices of the Passport Plus III it might be a better investment just to get an NTSC-J N64

EDIT: Ninja'd by noobish hat (wrote this and forgot to send it for 15 mins).

Comment

I can confirm that a passport 3 will play s&p on a pal console.

Play asia link: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-k6-49-en-70-2q.html

No N64 convertor will play everything though as the mark 3 actually won't play some of earlier games that a mark 1 will.

Comment

Any NTSC console will be OK. The regional lockout was purely physical on NTSC N64s.

RF Generation, the Classic and Modern Gaming Databases. Over 130,000 game entries and 9,500 hardware entries, in addition to over 165,000 game and hardware images with more added daily! Are you a collector? Try our collecting tools, or just chat in our forums or blogs. Whatever you do, don't just tune in, keep yourself glued to channel 3!

Comment

Better to buy a Japanese N64. That way you can play the game in full speed 60Hz...

Comment

Hi Chris. Welcome.

And yeah, best just to sell your PAL N64 and games and replace. Painful, but true. Best videogame thing I ever did.

Comment

Oh, I did that a good month ago now. I only had two PAL games as it was, and I've replaced F-Zero X and not really too bothered about Mario Tennis. Managed to pick up a NTSC N64 base unit with the tray taken out for ?15 including postage, so I've been enjoying some proper 60Hz N64 games. F-Zero X at the proper speed is nifty.

Comment

Working...
                  X