Saturn Battery Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn Battery Clock

As some of you may know, I recently re-acquired a Saturn after selling it off years ago. Thing is, the battery on the unit I bought is dead and I have been having to cycle through the language/date-time screens every time I boot it up.

Having just replaced the battery, I was wondering if any of you know the average lifespan? It's not one of thoe VMU-type annoyances where they run out after a month is it?

Can anyone give me a general answer how long a full battery will keep the Saturn's internal memory for?

Thanks.

id say a year m8. Its annoying m8 i know. I was about to complete grandia once and thebattery zonked out on me and alas, i lost everything, even my dracula X saves ft:

hope that helps

Comment

It's 2-3 years though Sega recommend changing it once a year.

You need a memory card to not lose data when you change the battery or you can change battery when the power is on - the manual tells you not to do this though - slight risk of electrical shock but 3V is hardly going to kill you.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up guys.

I've got a memory card. I just got sick of having to go through the same language/date-time screens every time I switched the machine on.

A year does me fine. I've got a couple of spares so I'll just change them when I need to.

Comment

Working...
        X