Sir Patrick Moore R.I.P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Patrick Moore R.I.P

One of The Great Britons has just died. He was 89 and a legend. Loved The Sky at Night and also his anti-blood sport campaigning. Will be sadly missed.

Just saw this on the news...

Good bye games master... :/

Comment

Grim news indeed. He had a knighthood, and lived to 89, and he'll be remembered, so he didn't do too badly. Still, another piece of childhood is sucked away.

Comment

Always a fan. I just hope the media don't go digging around looking for **** on him.

Comment

Very sad to hear about this. What an inspiration for many generations of astronomers.

Comment

Screw the astronomers, gamers are more important!

I still watch Sky at Night when I can, brilliant show even to this day. Sad to hear about his death.

Comment

Yep very sad news when i saw this at lunch time. So sad that i only saw him on Sky At Night last week and he will never do another. Truly a brilliant and inspirational Astronomer.

Comment

Sad to hear this. An intelligent, articulate gentleman who was a real star.

Comment

Game Over for the GamesMaster.

Rest in peace Sir Patrick.

My fondest memories will be his curt responses to people stuck on Zelda: Link to the Past.

Comment

A real shame, I've got the latest episode of Sky at Night to watch on my Sky+ box, it'll be a different feeling watching that now.

Possibly should go in the irk thread, but if I see one more person on Twitter talk about the death of "astrologer" Partick Moore.....

Comment

It's alright. He has an infinite lives code!

Comment

Nooooooo. . =,( What a true gentleman and legend his was , This news brought a tear to my eye, RIP gamesmaster

Comment

A legend, will be missed by astronomy and the gaming community and his xylophone playing, RIP Sir Patrick Moore, there a new star in the heaven's tonight.

Comment

Aye real shame, it's difficult to see anyone being able to fill the presenter role on the Sky at Night in quite the same way. Still, he had a good innings.

Comment

Absolute gentleman and legendary broadcaster definitely going to be missed for his inspirational writing and knowledge

Comment

Working...
                              X