Last minute fancy dress help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last minute fancy dress help

Got a friends birthday tonight and I have forgotten to sort out a costume. I don't normally go for fancy dress but it's her 40th so I should make some effort. The theme is the 1980's, I want something that is easy to get hold of, doesn't make me look too much of a dick and is comfy. All I have thought of so far is get a cheap black suit from a charity shop, a large toy gun and throw corn flour on myself so I look like Tony frm Scarface. Any ideas.

Re: Last minute fancy dress help

In my experience, it's all or nothing with fancy dress, so go for broke!

eBay always has loads of stuff, but you've left it a bit late, so find a local fancy dress hire shop and see what they've got.

It's a weird situation where the more effort you make, the less of a tit you feel! (unless they lied and only told you to dress up...)

Comment

White T-shirt. Jump suit. Aviator knock-offs. Gold chain. Boots.

"I feel the need. The need for speed"

Comment

Simple and you definitely won't look like a dick - if anything you'll be fighting the ladies (and gents) off.

Comment

That is not too far off my current choice!

White vest, blue jeans, hair slicked back, big moustache. I present to you Freddie Mercury.
          just working out how to mike his little half mike stand.

Comment

One party, I got a white disposable decorating coveralls from Wickes and a "professor" bald wig. My wife got an orange body warmer and a skateboard.

We went as Doc Emmett Brown and Marty McFly!

Comment

The last fancy dress I wore was a giant sanitary towel (which I posted about on here last year), I've wore it to the same event 2 years running now and this year won best fancy dress, prize was a goody bag containing a t shirt, some bandanas, and a pair of jeans that i discovered retail for ?300, they're too big though so have just been sat in my drawer, my next effort will be a lot simpler, suit, latex horse mask, I've done the outrageous thing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
                That is not too far off my current choice!

White vest, blue jeans, hair slicked back, big moustache. I present to you Freddie Mercury.
                just working out how to mike his little half mike stand.
                Pictures or it didn't happen.

Comment

Will post pic when I get in. Very hungover, I did look ace, forgot to take my contact lenses out when I went to bed. Be warned though the photo might challenge your sexuality.

Comment

Originally posted by booth83 View Post
                    The last fancy dress I wore was a giant sanitary towel (which I posted about on here last year), I've wore it to the same event 2 years running now and this year won best fancy dress, prize was a goody bag containing a t shirt, some bandanas, and a pair of jeans that i discovered retail for ?300, they're too big though so have just been sat in my drawer, my next effort will be a lot simpler, suit, latex horse mask, I've done the outrageous thing now.
                    I was trying to remember who dressed as a giant tampon!

The costume and effort that went into it was a brilliant (if slightly disturbing) story!

Comment

Here I am in all my glory. Had a top night, drinking with a 'tache is quite hard.

Comment

QUALITY!

Comment

Ha ha ha! That's excellent.

Comment

Class!

Comment

For next time:

Comment

Working...
                              X