Recommend my mum a dating site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend my mum a dating site!

(Quite funny that the first post I saw was the one below asking for phone recommendations for their mum.)

My mum is thinking about trying some online dating in the new year. She's 60, been widowed for fourteen years now, and hasn't had any relationships - or dates, even - since my father died. She feels like now would be a good time to meet someone for a bit of companionship. I'm living with her at the moment while I finish my MA so she wants to start online dating while I'm in the house, just as a bit of extra security with regard to online nutters. Can anyone recommend any sites? I haven't done any online dating myself so I don't have much of an idea. It seems likes the ones everyone talks about are Match, PlentyOfFish and Guardian Dating. My instinct would tell me that a paid service (the three I've mentioned are all free with payable upgrades I think) might weed out some of the casual/flighty people... we did have a look through PlentyOfFish the other day without creating a profile, and it seemed like there were a few perfectly nice blokes in her age range, but she wouldn't like to be searchable by people who don't have a profile herself (bit hypocritical I suppose but whatever). I'm assuming you can hide a PlentyOfFish profile from public searches?

I'll definitely be looking over the profiles of anyone she thinks of meeting up with. (They'll also be required to fight me in a bare-knuckle death match if they want to date her, but she's probably not going to put that on her profile.) So please, if anyone has any tips, glowing recommendations or funny stories around online dating please share!

My nan joined and she has never looked so rosy!!
    Last edited by Colin; 15-12-2012, 17:50. Reason: Please don't post links with the content yours had.

Comment

I think the best thing you could do is post her pictures here.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
        I think the best thing you could do is post her pictures here.
        Thanks a lot chaps.

Comment

Lol some of the threads on this forum.

Comment

Cut out the middle man and I'll have a go.

Comment

Re: Recommend my mum a dating site!

Classic FM do a dating site now, why not check that out?

Kerrang Radio also have one if she prefers Rammstein to Rachmaninov...

Comment

Working...
              X