Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earth Defence Force 3/2017, how much Japanese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Defence Force 3/2017, how much Japanese?

Hi all,

Thinking about grabbing the EDF 3 Portable double pack to play with the gf (this one here http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/...utai-pack.html), but as the English language release is here soon, I was wondering how much Japanese language is involved in the game? I'm fine with small amounts (not that i actually understand it lol) but if it blocks you from understanding a crucial feature like weapon upgrades I'd like to know.

Never played an EDF before so all advice welcome. Would love to get the double pack if poss as the boy/girl versions are just so cool.

Cheers!

It is all Japanese in the 360 version. I played it all the way through though without any difficulty. There'll be some trial and error with menus and you'll definitely load up a level with a new loadout and then have to restart because you picked the wrong thing due to Japanese names. You'll miss the crazy dialogue as well.

I played it all the way through and loved it so it is definitely playable.

Comment

Cheers Chopemon. Hmm, sounds like it might be tricky to understand the benefits/pitfalls of the different load outs even if the game itself is fully playable :/

Comment

Me and Prinny managed fine so anyone can. The weapons are all in sets and the stat numbers for each one give you a good idea.

Comment

I think you're missing some of the charm by avoiding the English language version:
          "I don't like you, but I'll fight with you"
          "You killed everyone! My family, my friends... CURSE YOU SCUM, DIE!!"
          ...and so on.
          However, you can probably compare weapon lists using this sheet and if you're after a certain weapon, you can look and see if you've collected it by comparing stats if it doesn't have an English name.

It also shows you which level the weapons are dropped, so you know how to get them.
          The most powerful gun is the Lysander Z sniper rifle, which can be got on level 42 Inferno.
          The ZEXR-GUN turret is really useful (especially when farming health/weapons) and can be won on 32 Inferno.
          I found the C70 bomb an awesome addition to your arsenal and a great way to take out the last boss. 36 Hardest.

What you'll find is you'll win one weapon to help clear another level that gives you a specific weapon!

Such a great game, you're going to have a blast - especially in co-op!

Comment

Working...
          X