It's Christmas! What are you up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had the place to myself this morning whilst my girlfriend was at work, so I've had to do the last item on the Christmas list. Wrap up all the presents!

I stuck some music on in the background and managed to wrap everything up in under 2 hours and grab some last minute groceries for Boxing day, as we've got the entire family coming round for my Birthday. I can now sit back and relax a bit before the big day starts to roll around.

So, what are you currently doing to get ready for the big day and what are you plans for the Christmas break?

I have been working like a crazy person so hadn't had time to even buy any presents this year. I even had my wife buy her own (I know, I'm a terrible person). But today she brought the kids down to her mum's to leave me working. Turned out there was less for me to do that I was expecting. That's going to bite me in the ass in the next couple of days but it allowed me to sneak into town to buy some presents on the sly. So there will be a couple of little surprises in the morning.

Now I'm having lunch and getting ready for my kids to return and the craziness will begin.

Comment

I'm at work. Hoping to leave soon. Over to the ex-missus' house for xmas eve with my daughter. All up together for xmas day then all to mine, get the dinner started, go and get my dad and bring him back for xmas dinner

Comment

I'm typing up some work in my dad's empty house wondering if i should have yet another tommy tank to relieve the tedium. Tomorrow, out of desperation, I'll be visiting my vile nephew and niece, followed by a trip to see my grandparents, where I'll have to talk at triple the usual volume to be heard.

Then it's back to the house to pull my cracker.

Comment

So, mostly self abuse then?

Comment

Avoiding pretty much everything on broadcast television. I think "That Dog Can Dance" is a new low.

Comment

No, I'm looking forward to it. There'll be no holly up the ring this year.

Comment

just been chilling, catching up on some tv shows I've not seen in a while, last episode of house I thought was rather good.

I did pop out to the local co-op earlier and wish I hadn't, was too busy for the few things I needed to buy.

Comment

Work. Finishing at 7.15 chrimbo morning and then home for a mega breakfast and a WiiU Chat with my mum and bro back in the 'Diff.
                  Will be going to yoga in an hour or so to help burn off the chocolate I've been pigging on recently.

Comment

Driving up to Sheffield now, nearly 3 hours behind schedule. Christmas day at my mums with her husband and his awful parents. Boxing day at the inlaws should be okay as I am cooking and should be left alone to cook and drink.
                    Back home the following day. Looking forward to sitting around in my pants playing video games.

Comment

Just got back in Italy and doing random stuff in my old room in my parent's house (playing Liberation Maiden, trying to write a review, browsing the net, hugging the dog from time to time).
                      On Christmas day there will be lunch with the family and on the 26th I'll have to leave as the 27th and 28th are working days. Will be back on the 31st to celebrate New Year's Eve with friend and it's back in Switzerland on the first because the 2nd I'll be at work.
                      Yay vacations.

Comment

Looking forward to my first Christmas as a daddy

Its really been the best time getting everything ready Chloe is 6 months now & now she's starting to crawl its just so much fun.

On chrimbo day we will be off to the in laws for presents with them & the niece then it's back home for lunch & my parents round in the afternoon for more pressies & tea

Aside from that just a mind numbing amount of telly box

Looking forward to it

Neil

Comment

Up at 5:30am for work at 8am. Out at 5 though so not long left.

Have to work boxing day too. Naff. I don't like Christmas anymore.

Will be playing TERA when I get in and it is my brother's birthday today too so I'll give him his card.

Tomorrow will be epic lunch and TERA with a brief stop at my Grandma's house.

Fun comes new year for me.

Comment

Catsitting, followed by trying to work out how to cook a turkey (I'm vegetarian but my wife is squeamish about giblets), putting the tree up last-minute and having a long gaming session tomorrow. Might crack on with my XNA programming prototype too, once the presents are wrapped. Got my Scrooged DVD lined up and ready for later tonight, too.

Comment

Presents and the unveiling of my new, self bought Wii-U. Christmas lunch, more Wii-U and the Doctor Who special.

Strangely enough, I'm not excited for Christmas this year, although that might be due to me being poorly. Very lethargic atm

Comment

Working...
                              X