Buying Japanese Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Japanese Games

I'm in Japan for the holiday and I am tempted to buy the Japanese versions of some xbox games which I already have.

I am thinking Binary Domain, Vanquish, maybe BlazBlue. Does anybody Know if these games will play on a PAL machine?

I searched online but didn't find anything.

Why don't you buy games you don't already have?
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

P-A.com compatibility guide:

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

eh: I see the list is incomplete with plenty of "?"-marks. Bummer. Binary Domain is region free for US, for example, but untested with the Japanese version.
      Last edited by danholo; 25-12-2012, 10:00.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        Why don't you buy games you don't already have?
        Yeah, do this.

Comment

I only have an xbox and there isn't a great deal of games that I would play. I want to get a JPN PS3 but they are expensive. I cant believe how much stronger the yen is. It used to be 200 yen for one pound, now its just 136. Software and Hardware are more expensive than in UK!

Well, what do you guys suggest I should get that is playable on a PAL machine?

Comment

There is no real reason to get a Japanese PS3 unless you want to make your wallet bleed and get a special edition. If you want one that plays region A blurays you can get one from North America.

Comment

I've been considering one, just for the occasional JP region lock. Would like to get games like Aquapazza too, just fairly future proofing. I'd only get a 12GB slim slim though, others aren't worth the cost.

Comment

Unfortunately most NTSCJ games don't work on PAL machines.

Off the top of my head I know that Anarchy Reigns, Mushihime-sama Futari 1.5, Espgaluda 2 and the Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets collection all do.

PAL compatible NTSCJ games are rare.

Comment

Are you talking about PS3 games or 360 ones?

Comment

Sorry, 360.

Comment

Right, this is about 360 games after all. Ignore me.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I didnt know those scrolling shooters were compatible. I saw very cheap copies of BlazBlue, the first and the sequels. I was tempted to get it, at that price at least. Amazingly, Tales of Vesperia can be found dirty cheap, so can Lost Odyssey.

Not sure if any of them can be played on a Pal machine however.

Comment

RPGs are dirt cheap in Japan because they're so popular..

Comment

RPG`s on the other consoles are not that cheap though.

Comment

Tales of Vesperia won't play but Lost Odyssey might. Either the Asian version or the Japanese version is region free. It comes in a much nicer box as well.

Are you still in Japan?

Comment

Working...
                              X