Good cd/dvd storage solutions?? Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good cd/dvd storage solutions?? Help please

Hi folks, I'm looking for a solution for storing my CD's and DVD's.
    I have around a 1000+ that I'm looking to store. For the CD's ideally I'd like to keep the sleeves.

I'd also like it to be pretty compact so they can go into cupboards etc. So a fancy shelving unit is not an option I'm afraid

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    Stevie.

Put all the cases in the attic and keep all the discs in a set of CD wallets? I keep all my disc games in a couple of 500 capacity wallets now, and I find it very convenient.

Comment

I'm not bothered about the cases, they can be binned. What wallets do you use?

Comment

I use Neo Media wallets. You can get 240 and 500 capacity 'books'. They have handles on the top, and they look pretty smart lined up. If you want to be super anal (and why wouldn't you), you should get a set of stickers and put a number on every pocket and write a number on it, then put matching stickers on your CDs and DVDs. Keep the wallets in a cupboard somewhere with a notepad with your films and albums listed in alphabetical order, with the corresponding number. Pain in the ass to sort out, but will save you a lot of time in the long run, looking for certain titles, especially if you have over 1000.

Comment

Are they decent quality? I'm guessing they are but thought I'd ask ha ha.
          Cheers for the reply, I'll have a look at those later.

Comment

I've not had any problems with them. The 500 capacity wallet even has two sets of ring binders. I'd advise storing them standing up though (so the sleeves hang downwards from the binders inside), just so there's less pressure on them, like with storing LPs.

Comment

Working...
            X