High Street Shop Deadpool - Daragon wins with first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Street Shop Deadpool - Daragon wins with first post

I'll preface this with my genuine best wishes for anyone here who has recently had their life made incredibly difficult by the recent closures of Jessops, HMV and any others that I've missed.

What is the next high street chain you expect to go under? I'll send a gaming-related gift of some sort to the winner.

I reckon it could be Whittards.

EDIT: This was prompted by Boris' WH Smith prediction so blame him for this thread of poor taste!
    Last edited by Brad; 15-01-2013, 12:54.

Blockbuster next to go, they've stopped taking credit cards and have a rather meager 20% off sale on atm.

Comment

Sports Direct.

Comment

very sad times for the high street. I also would like to wish the best of luck to anyone effected by the recent closures.

I wouldn't like to predict the next chain to go under, but I think technology retail sector is struggling so that'll be the next loss...

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
          Sports Direct.
          They Don't really count...mine has had a closing down all stock must go banner in the windows for years yet they are still there.

Probably JD Sports or CEX

Never seen anyone buy anything in my CEX it's always a massive queue to sell but never to buy plus mine has reduced everything by half there is almost nothing in there these days.

Neil

Comment

Rumbelows

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              They Don't really count...mine has had a closing down all stock must go banner in the windows for years yet they are still there.

Probably JD Sports or CEX

Never seen anyone buy anything in my CEX it's always a massive queue to sell but never to buy plus mine has reduced everything by half there is almost nothing in there these days.

Neil
              Trust me, CeX is fine...

Comment

Shozuki should know.

I've seen a lot of cash purchases in there and they give very little value for goods so... Yeah.

Beatties? Or have they gone? If they have then Model Zone.

Comment

I thought HMV closed a couple of years ago, so I was surprised to hear it was still going.

What about these, are they still around?
                  Game, Blockbuster, Mothercare, Halfords, Dixons, Comet, JJB, Peacocks, Argos, WHSmiths...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Rumbelows
                    Lol.

Comment

Shozuki should know.

I've seen a lot of cash purchases in there and they give very little value for goods so... Yeah.

Beatties? Or have they gone? If they have then Model Zone.
                      Really?

Mine is probably the only one dying a death then.

Beatties went years ago...good call on Modelzone though they are shockingly bad

Originally posted by Nijo View Post
                      I thought HMV closed a couple of years ago, so I was surprised to hear it was still going.

What about these, are they still around?
                      Game, Blockbuster, Mothercare, Halfords, Dixons, Comet, JJB, Peacocks, Argos, WHSmiths...
                      JJB - Gone (Bought by Sports Direct)
                      Comet - Gone
                      Dixons - Gone (amalgamated into Currys/PC World)
                      Peacocks - mostly gone (few stores still going)

Everything else you mentioned still trading but I do remember reading months ago that Mothercare were in trouble

Neil

Comment

Don't forget BHS! Haven't seen one of those in a while.

Comment

Don't forget BHS! Haven't seen one of those in a while.
                          We have a few of those near me & they seem to do well...mostly funded by the blue rinse brigade (much like Marks & Spencers) but doing ok.

Neil

Comment

BHS are there for school uniforms!

Comment

Burtons, not been in one for 10 years but they were ****e then!!

Comment

Working...
                              X