Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luxury holiday

Planning our honeymoon in April.
    decided on a 'once in a lifetime' experience.
    Thinking maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles etc..

anyone been anywhere particularly lush!

the misses wants just super quiet beach, top food.

Blackpool?

Comment

Went to Barbados last year & it was the most beautiful holiday I could possibly imagine. Tropical island with white sands, clear water, hot weather, just perfect.

Me & my girlfriend went to a Hotel called Waves. Great staff, fantastic rooms, 2 pools, 3 restaurants & backs right onto the carribian sea. Such a beautiful Island & would love to go again!

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
        the misses wants just super quiet beach, top food.
        Definitely The Maldives. I found Mauritius to be more crowded (felt like a hotspot for cruise liners). There's more to do on Mauritius though, lots of wildlife and varied landscapes but if you just want to escape and be completely alone The Maldives is better and the beaches are nicer. In the Maldives I stayed at a hotel called "Niyama" which was just a series of luscious detached Cabins on a deserted beach. Spectacular! Amazing food and cocktails. Highly recommended!

As a wildcard there are also some beautiful hotels and beaches on the Amalfi Coast or Capri. It doesn't sound exotic but it's beautiful and there's much more culture and romance in the air in Italy. If money is no object then The Maldives and it's best hotels are a no-brainer but if I was paying for my own honeymoon I'd probably be looking to spend less than ?5,000 so I'd go for a more luxurious hotel in Italy and enjoy the better food, music, culture, history and romance there.

Comment

Yep, been to the Amalfi Coast and it was wonderful.
          I think I favour the Maldives (if we can afford it!). So many islands tho! Will look into 'niyama'- thanks

Comment

If you are looking for a once in a lifetime that not many have perhaps been to I'd say Bora Bora or somewhere in Polynesia - basically far away from here.

Phi Phi in Thailand is nice, Bali and Lombok in Indonesia are very good too, Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world and you can rent islands...
            Langkawi in Malaysia is excellent, plenty of deserted sand.

Also Ishigaki in Japan is good, you could also consider Okinawa or Jeju in South Korea.
            Last edited by Anpanman; 03-02-2013, 20:49.

Comment

I've just come back from a once in a lifetime holiday.

Never again...

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                Blackpool?
                Scunthorpe!

Comment

Hey, I live reasonably near Scunthorpe so wouldn't be much of a holiday!

Comment

You poor soul. I can only think of one place worse than that. Grimsby.

I'd pity you should you live there...

Comment

Scunthorpe not victim to the swear filter any more?

I loved Maui when I went but you HAVE to have a car to get anywhere. Beaches are beautiful, you only see people if you want to, there is plenty to do if you feel inclined, or you can just bask in the sun. I liked the temperature in April, it was warmish but a little windy and a bit of rain every now and again. *sigh*

I would do Okinawa too. Or Devon.

Fortnight in Barry Island not grab you then? Or Tenby? Cycling tour of West Wales?

Comment

We went to St Lucia for our honeymoon, was great, obviously all inclusive etc.

Will get back there one day....

Trouble is going to Spain or somewhere the next year isn't quite the same.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp
                          I've just come back from a once in a lifetime holiday.

Never again...

Incidentally this phrase depresses the hell out of me...who knows what'll happen in the future? I don't think I'd ever describe going anywhere as a 'once in a lifetime experience'. Except maybe going to space.

That said, congratulations! Haha.

Comment

Working...
                          X