Farewell Richard Briers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell Richard Briers

An absolute legend, a treasure, is gone. He's one of the greats and will be missed. Loved him in The Good Life and so much more.

The actor Richard Briers was best known for his role as the hapless Tom Good in the TV sitcom The Good Life

Indeed, couldn't agree more. Remember The Good Life from series one on it's first broadcast and was taken with how 'different' it was compared to all the other sitcoms out there. Every week it was a treat to see what would happen next.

RIP.

Comment

ah no always like him also he was part of one of the funniest scenes in recent years

Comment

You've got a very sexy neck Margo...

Comment

Seemed like a genuinely decent man.

Comment

Always have admired his mellifluous, sympathetic voice (sympathetic persona/presence in general), loved watching repeats of The Good Life in the early 90s, pretty certain he wasn't one of the dodgy ones, big smoker, too, 79's not bad for emphysema.

Comment

Seriously, I'm a closet fan of the show, such a shame.

Comment

And not forgetting he narrated one of the greatest cartoons in history Roobarb

Comment

R.I.P to one of the legitimate good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                    Always have admired his mellifluous, sympathetic voice (sympathetic persona/presence in general), loved watching repeats of The Good Life in the early 90s, pretty certain he wasn't one of the dodgy ones, big smoker, too, 79's not bad for emphysema.
                    Kind words, I am guessing that your relaxed and considerate post means that you did decide to knock one out (see illness thread for details). I am sure Dickie would be proud.

Comment

^Nah, I held it in, that's three days now, a new recent record! I think Mr Briers would be proud either way, might knock out a tribute flourish later on if the mood grabs me.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        And not forgetting he narrated one of the greatest cartoons in history Roobarb

Which one of our forum members now directs. I think.

Comment

And we lose Bob Godfrey this week too. Very sad. The man is a UK animation legend, one of the leaders of a golden age of UK children's shows. It has been a rough week.

Comment

Comment

There's a tribute to Briers on BBC2 tonight at 7 if anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X