NTSC-U PS2 or PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC-U PS2 or PS3

So my NTSC PS2 Slim has finally died, I don't want to replace parts again and have decided to replace the console.

I'm UK based and finding it hard to find a NTSC PS2 Slim silver used via ebay (they come up, but rarely) and impossible to find one new.

So what are my options here?

NTSC PS3 60/80gb can be had fairly cheap from what I've seen, and this would allow me to play my PS3 collection and NTSC PS2 collection. Downside here is these consoles are just as prone to failure due to their age I think, and for me smaller is better, the console collection always grows, so that has me desiring a PS2 more.

Chip a UK PAL slim seems like another option, anyone have any advice here? I'm happy to fit it myself I just need to know what chip and what model PS2 to go for. I think the 7000 series is the original slim and the 9000 is the internal psu/less vents version.

Thanks for any advice.

I've had my 60GB since Japanese launch, and never had a single problem with it. I think it's a misconception that they are prone to failure personally. In fact I've never had a single problem with any Sony unit I've ever owned.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      In fact I've never had a single problem with any Sony unit I've ever owned.
      Ive had 2 dead ps1 and ps2 lasers and a pal ps3 which kept freezing. My original jpn ps3 is still going strong though, but only gets used for region A blus

Comment

My slim ps2 which is almost new has a fault as it won't register the controller properly so only certain buttons work. Tried a new controller but same problem. Only reliable console manufacturer is nintendo imo

Comment

Sure, if you completely discount the NES cartridge lockout/dodgy pins and blown SNES fuses. Wii develop issues with dual layer DVD games too.

Never seen issues with N64 and GC though.

Comment

Working...
          X