X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armed citizen project

LOL.

LOL

I love how they've decided the an inherently low crime area (Tucson) is now mid-high crime because of one killing spree.

/me waits for someone to rock up for their free gun and start shooting people in the face.

"because of one KILLING SPREE"

Probably right for them to want to take action about gun crime after that but pouring petrol on the fire a bit aren't they?

Comment

I don't know if it's just me but at the moment, this world is COMPLETELY bat**** insane! At least in the 80s, all you had to worry about was nuclear bombs and AIDS, now it's just one crazy hoedown of absolute INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh, just imagine if you could never LOL at it, ya'd ruddy top yaself.

Comment

April Fool methinks

Comment

Even if you subtract that, we're talking complete global psychological meltdown right now. Crazy times!

Ah, well, got a Twix in the fridge.

Comment

They just will not learn. Gun sales were up right after the Newtown massacre.
            There is been over 3000 gun deaths in the USA since then.

The answer to the simple question in that headline is surprisingly hard to come by. So Slate is collecting data for our crowdsourced interactive. This ...

Why does the supposedly most powerful country in the world live in fear of so much? Arming yourself isn't the solution it's part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              I don't know if it's just me but at the moment, this world is COMPLETELY bat**** insane! At least in the 80s, all you had to worry about was nuclear bombs and AIDS, now it's just one crazy hoedown of absolute INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh, just imagine if you could never LOL at it, ya'd ruddy top yaself.
              Its just the yanks it seems, Canada has just as high a gun ratio to person, yet most of their gun crime is caused by yanks crossing the border. Sweeden has a massive gun ratio, almost a gun per person, yet virtually no gun crime.

Comment

That's a common misconception but it's actually just a mislabelling of the statistics due to the way each country classifies their guns. In the US, the term 'gun' is applied to what you and I would know as guns - handguns, shotguns, assault weapons and so on. In Canada, partially due to how it translates from the French, guns are categorised differently and include less harmful weapons like air rifles. In Sweden, it includes ALL projectile weapons so that means crossbows, air rifles, catapults, spud guns and even water pistols. In fact, a couple of years ago, they even included PSP UMDs until the Go was released. So we're not really comparing like with like.

It's possible none of that is true.

Comment

In Canadia, a beaver is classed as a deadly weapon AND a beer opener. No bar is complete without one.

Comment

Crazy!

There will soon be a program called 'Pimp your gat'. You wait!

Comment

The thread title sounds like it's tailor-made for an ace Paul Verhoeven movie.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        The thread title sounds like it's tailor-made for an ace Paul Verhoeven movie.
                        Yes!!
                        I'd buy that for a dollar!

Comment

^Caspar Van Dien would be in it, albeit with Phillip Schofield-type white hair, he'd be the evil politician with super-white teeth and karateka skills, plus it'd be a godsend for the guy's career. Chuck John Glover in there as the 'Big Boss' and this'd be the best f*ckin' movie ever made, although they'd probably have to hire a stunt double for J.G. given how unbelievably old he actually is.

This could be the best movie EVAH!

Comment

Working...
                          X