Roger Ebert Dies at 70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger Ebert Dies at 70

Surprised someone hasn't posted this yet.

IMDb, the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content.

The famous American film critic, Roger Ebert has passed away after a long battle with cancer, at the age of 70.

Rest in peace.

Always sad when someone passes on. Never rated him myself, I think much of his success was down to timing, like most movie critics he rarely seemed to consider entertainment value in his reviews which is the primary point of most films. But hey ho, much like most games reviews, its a dispensable service.

Comment

Him and Gene were OK but a little too 'MOR' for my tastes but at least there was that highly entertaining spat with Rob Schneider in which Ebert handled himself quite well, Schneider was a bit of an arse tbh. He also co-wrote the screenplay for Russ Meyer's Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls, which gives him some cult status, plus I think he praised the original '78 DOTD when many others were slagging it, though I could be wrong on that one.

Wonder if Leonard Maltin is still around? I loved those fat movie review books of his, brilliant on-bog reading!

Comment

Ebert's more of an American "thing", is he not? I can't recall reading any of his reviews but I don't rely on them much anyway. Was still amusing to see the trouble he caused on the Internet every time he had something to say about games, though.

Comment

^He's like Barry Norman used to be before taking that cool million from Sky and ending up doing f*ck-all since.

Comment

Working...
          X