Maggie Thatcher dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maggie Thatcher dies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22067155 Comments about her? good & bad?

Good riddance, hope we get the day off work too.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      Good riddance, hope we get the day off work too.
      End of thread.

Comment

Can't see anyone from Scotland being too upset about this, she was dead to us years ago.

Comment

Always reminds me of this , Mock the Week, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmmomV-ax-s

Comment

Hurrah. Now we get to listen to a ton of spineless people on TV who will say that they completely disagreed with her and everything she stood for... but they REALLY respected her and are VERY sad to see her go.

Comment

Look, I completely disagreed with here and everything she stood for but I really respected her and I'm very sad to see her go.

No, not really. I'm not the type to celebrate death though. Still if anyone had to die today, there would have been worse choices.

Comment

Never understood all the hate for Thatcher. In my eyes she was certainly no worse than Blair or brown. Something about a miner's strike? I would expect street parties for weeks on end celebrating Blair and Brown's passing.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                  Hurrah. Now we get to listen to a ton of spineless people on TV who will say that they completely disagreed with her and everything she stood for... but they REALLY respected her and are VERY sad to see her go.
                  You think that's bad? You should check Twitter out, my friend.

Plenty of sanctimonious arseholes on there who seemingly have the audacity to try and tell other tweeters to "keep it classy" when tweeting about that woman.

Comment

Well I liked her. I'm a capitalist.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I can't fault Frankie Boyle on this. Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        Well I liked her. I'm a capitalist.
                        BURN HIM!!!

Comment

In terms of living memory I can vaguely remember some stuff about the miners strike as one near my old home town was one of the many to close but with hindsight, despite the impact it had on many peoples jobs it was more a sign of progress rather than Thatcherism within an unsustainable industry.

I know there's lots of other stuff like Poll Tax and Unions but much of it looks like things that would have happened anyway at some point, Thatcher was just fast and heavy handed in her dealing with it. Far as I'm aware her government ruined some stuff, but then that's the same as all the ones before and since.

Not a fan but not a hater, a lot of peeps hate seems to be either because she was female or its the done thing. One to file under 'meh'

Comment

have to say i hate all politicans equally so this story was just .....meh for me

Comment

I am happy to say I hated her. As a kid I saw first hand at what she did to the mining communities in South Yorkshire.

Comment

Working...
                              X