Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make your own magic dragon (best thing evar etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make your own magic dragon (best thing evar etc)

It has come to my attention that not nearly enough people noticed my post in the gifs thread about the Magic Dragon.

This is by far the most amazing thing you will see this week.

Shop from our huge range of Magic Tricks & Optical Illusions. We stock a wide range of rare, handmade magical items including the Einstein Face & many others!

Print this out on a piece of card.
    Cut around the end and along a couple of lines as instructed.
    Crease to mountains and valleys as instructed.
    Stick flaps.

Put it at eye level somewhere.

Freak out because it watches you wherever you go. Yes, a piece of paper animates itself and starts moving around. Magic!
    Last edited by charlesr; 09-04-2013, 20:57.

I am so going to print out like 10 of them at work tomorrow, I need to pretend I'm in a valley of dragons at dinner time and not the office

Comment

Just made one. Only had thin a4 paper and a mono printer but it still worked! only works if you look with one eye shut.

Comment

I don't have a printer but saw the video for it ages ago. Does look cool.

Comment

Omg that is weird.....I have to go lie down now

Comment

Ah made those beauties from that site before the effect is rather surreal when viewed in person but that vid shows it well. Had them sat around various parts of the lab, hooray for abusing the works printing supplies

Comment

Made one a good few years back.

Comment

That is AMAZING - I so wish I had a god-damned printer right now!

Love it when truly clever people create cool fun things.

Comment

Forget normal lessons, first day back at school on Monday my whole class are making one of these!

Comment

That is amazing! The work printer is going to get used-and-abused tomorrow. I'm gonna create a flock of 'em! (Actually, what is the collective noun for dragons?)

Comment

A Boletaria of Dragons.

Comment

Did you just make that up? I reckon it's a 'clutch'.

Comment

I printed one of those off the other day after seeing it in the other thread. It now sits on my desk giving me funny looks while I work.

Comment

OMG it works!

So strange. It says you need to close one eye but after awhile (once the illusion clicked so to speak) I could see it twisting and turning with both eyes open.

Showed loads of people and they all had the 'OMG' look on their face once they moved around.

So interesting the way the illusion breaks when you go too far to one side. It's like looking at a real life graphical glitch.

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                            That is amazing! The work printer is going to get used-and-abused tomorrow. I'm gonna create a flock of 'em! (Actually, what is the collective noun for dragons?)
                            Did you try this, Golgo?

I might give this ago but isn't the key to the illusion focusing on the eyes of a single dragon?

Comment

Working...
                            X