Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation 2 Online

Lo,

Has anyone been sucessful in getting onto the beta gaming trial yet?

I have managed to get on, received an email today. Just wondering if anyone else has.

I have

Also got email today

Comment

As have I.

All I need to do now is come up with the 40 quid to get all the stuff.

Comment

Yeah me to - I'm i right in thinking we'll get another email from them to order the starter kit?

Also i wonder if they will implement measures to stop people with chipped machines playing, like xbox live

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG

Yeah me to - I'm i right in thinking we'll get another email from them to order the starter kit?

They are sending another email out from the 7th April containing a link for ordering the kit.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG

Also i wonder if they will implement measures to stop people with chipped machines playing, like xbox live
            I doubt it - certainly hope not!!! I don't expect the Sony network to be anywhere near as secure as Live is.

Comment

I got the email too

What do I need to buy now to be ready for the kickoff?

Dont really wanna buy a router at ?99!

Comment

?99? Get a linksys router+5 port switch in one from amazon for ?50ish.

Comment

Got it too. As far as I know they don't have any measures to stop you playing with a chipped machine. Plenty of people are already playing online with copied games.

Comment

I've been beta testing SOCOM for months now :-)

Neil

Comment

I got it too !

Comment

i got it too

right to get some network stuff what do i need to replace the usb frog modem

router

nic card

that it ?

Comment

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to play with the Network Adaptor plugged into an ethernet out port on a cable modem? Because my modem can be either a USB or ethernet modem.

Also, I checked the NTL:home PS2 Network Trial webpage, and it says that if you are a trialist, then you can upgrade your internet connection to 600k or 1mb for free. Excellent

Comment

I got an email too. Not too sure how I feel about it to be honest. I really can't think of anything on the PS2 I would like to play online so I dunno if it's worth investing in another online console kit.

Does anyone have any information on what will be out at launch and the near future?

Live is awesome and I dunno if I need another console online. After all, I was waiting until Mario Kart was online before I shelled out for another online kit......

Comment

I got confirmation of the trial too - looks like they've invited everyone!

I'm looking forward to Frequency and/or Amplitude online, apart from that I'm not too bothered.

The states got an online Frequency demo with their bba kits.

Comment

Working...
                              X