Best conspiracy theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best conspiracy theories

At least three people are killed and more than 100 injured, some seriously, in two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

Pretty mental stuff - but a bit early to jump to conclusions.

Indeed, whatever has happened it is definetly grim stuff though.

Comment

****. 2 confirmed dead and 22 injured. Apparently more explosive devices have been found and are being dismantled.

Comment

2 people killed 22 injured.

Anyone see the bbc sports page when the news broke? they've switched it now, but that was quite a graphic image.

Comment

I think the news footage is shocking what were they thinking , some things don't need to be shown,

Shocking horrible stuff makes you sick to think people are capable of stuff like this

Comment

It is horrible but no less horrible than, say, a relative or friend you might know in the navy or military pressing that 'launch' button or pulling that trigger. Whether for religion or on principle or for Queen and country, killing is a horrible business.

Comment

I thought the worst and this was going to be the trigger for some serious domestic terrorism. After all what are the odds of it happening on Patriots day, in Boston where the American Revolution originally kicked off.

No doubt someone would like to speak to this guy though:-

Comment

It'll sound terrible but... this is reminding me of Four Lions.

Comment

The movie? Hehe. That was a funny film.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                    It is horrible but no less horrible than, say, a relative or friend you might know in the navy or military pressing that 'launch' button or pulling that trigger. Whether for religion or on principle or for Queen and country, killing is a horrible business.
                    So you're saying being in the military is exactly the same as being a terrorist?

Comment

Not quite, no. Those in the navy, airforce and military are sometimes called on to aid people during disasters, but when they kill people under order then they're no better than so-called terrorists. Whether somebody launches a cruise missile from a ship or flies a plane into a building, whether they fire a shell from a tank or strap a bomb to themselves, whether they kill using guns the state issued them or kill using guns off the black market; they're all trying to change the world through violence, all forcing their beliefs on others, and ultimately all killers.

Comment

Not quite, no. Those in the navy, airforce and military are sometimes called on to aid people during disasters, but when they kill people under order then they're no better than so-called terrorists. Whether somebody launches a cruise missile from a ship or flies a plane into a building, whether they fire a shell from a tank or strap a bomb to themselves, whether they kill using guns the state issued them or kill using guns off the black market; they're all trying to change the world through violence, all forcing their beliefs on others, and ultimately all killers.
                        Should have just let hitler take over Europe back in 39 then......

Comment

If only the world was so simple, its not. While i dont agree with certain things our government does with the military, one things for certain, it IS needed, full stop. Otherwise, other people come in and steam roll pacifists like yourself along with all your goods and probably slap you in chains as a slave while their at it, just for kicks, because they can. Would you prefer that to no military?
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 17-04-2013, 19:32.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            Should have just let hitler take over Europe back in 39 then......
                            Tricky one. I won't pretend a dead Hitler doesn't seem the best outcome when we examine the horror that man was responsible for. And if my life or liberty was under genuine threat, who's to say my pacifist principles wouldn't fall by the wayside and I'd fight. But there's a difference between defending yourself and doing what our armed forces have been doing since 1945. Since then we've invaded other nations under the guise of 'defending ourselves' or 'protecting our national interests' but it's usually about money.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              If only the world was so simple, its not. While i dont agree with certain things our government does with the military, one things for certain, it IS needed, full stop. Otherwise, other people come in a steam roll pacifists like yourself along with all your goods and probably slap you in chains as a slave while their at it, just for kicks, because they can. Would you prefer that to no military?
                              I'd prefer a world where everybody dropped LSD, put flowers in their hair, and, when not meditating, skipped around everywhere raising their hands in the peace symbol. In my mind that's what's going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X